Bench Warren.....

I am surely not a Hater. Just pointing out the facts. Anyone else with BB knowledge (did you hear Knight; even though I don't like him he knows more BB than all of us) knows he is doing tons of stupid stuff. He needs to hand the ball to TMG who is a true PG and let TMG set him up instead of the opposite. WW just cannot drive and finish most of the time without getting stripped; seen it all year and he is not adjusting.

The other thing is, even at the end of the game when he finally made a basketball instead of running to get back on D he is showboating to the camera. Sad.

Please post with respect and civility at all times. Personal attacks, name-calling directed at other posters will not be tolerated.

Last edited by a moderator:
While he didn't play very well at times, I can't fault his effort in the second half tonight.

Actually, he did not start playing hard until about half way through the second half. I won't fault his effort in those ten minutes, or in overtime. I will blame him for not playing D on every possession. He took too many defensive possessions off.

There is no need to insult a fellow Sooner fan. There are differences of opinion and we should accept this.

I was furious with this lady behind me yelling the whole game to take him out. With any guts, I'd have told her to get out of the arena. Sometimes people can't observe and think for themselves and that is an unfair burden that WW has been dealt.

Maybe she was thinking for herself. Who are you to judge? I thought he was downright awful at many times. He stepped up toward the end, but in many regards he was doing things the same way...taking the last three, making a really risky pass to Crocker that ended up working out but had failed him a few other times, and driving into the lane with seemingly no idea what to do if the other team played straight-up defense.

And it's sure as hell not an unfair burden. He came back to be the face of the Oklahoma Sooners and help himself in the process. He's not performing to expectations, that's not unfair.

I think some of you guys need to have a beer and get ready for spring practice.

I've missed maybe 4 games total at the LNC since Billy's first year. I watched every game Mookie played in that building and every game Hollis played in that building. I think WW is a terrific talent and I think WW is giving what he has to give. You have to be blind to not see the respect from his teammates.

There was a rumor before the game that WW had been suspended from the team. Guess what, it was BS. WW is being unfairly singled out to face the frustration of fans that care only about the wins and losses.

Willie had a couple of off moments, no doubt. But I thought the effort was there tonight. And I can live with him making those mistakes driving to the lane as long as he's being aggressive and trying to make something happen.

Well,we have finally found something that generates more insults, hostility, and emotions than the Capel/Kelvin threads. The problem is that you don't really want this type of thing around a team. This, rather surprisingly, has become a very defining moment for Capel, one that I had not anticipated, nor did I anticipate that one would occur.

There was a rumor before the game that WW had been suspended from the team. Guess what, it was BS. WW is being unfairly singled out to face the frustration of fans that care only about the wins and losses.

Was that on this board? If so please direct me to the post so it can be dealt with.

Now WW has not been unfairly singled out. I loved how he came down and drove to hit that bucket at the end of the game but instead of getting his but back on defense at a critical point he played toward the crowd and what happened? A WIDE OPEN 3 for OSU. He definitely gave more effort tonight on both ends of the court than any other game this year though.

Back