Big 10 looking to add another team, possibly Mizzou or Iowa St.

Misery has been threatening to leave for a long time. eff em. Let them play in the cold weather, be another mediocre team in boring league, and play in stadiums that hold twice as much as their stadium. But they won't, it just a bunch of hot air as usual.

not in any way. bad in football minus a couple teams in the late 90's/early 00's, bad in basketball. largely apathetic fanbase (can't even fill 40,000 seat stadium)....many of whom are bigger Nebraska football fans than CSU.

they command even less of the pro sports oriented Denver market than CU. college sports are an afterthought in Denver....so, no real benefit in my eyes from adding media markets perspective.

i've lived in Denver/Boulder for 15 years....I see almost no benefit from adding CSU.

If your a Boulder person I can see why you would object. The second CSU entered the Big XII they would crush CU in everything (beat them in football and basketball this year).

Colorado State would be the perfect add because they would be a program on the rise and would gladly accept the invitation. They are right in the same region as Iowa State and would provide a better level of competition as well as adding another in state rivalry game.

Pretty sad that CU is scared of CSU.

If your a Boulder person I can see why you would object. The second CSU entered the Big XII they would crush CU in everything (beat them in football and basketball this year).

Colorado State would be the perfect add because they would be a program on the rise and would gladly accept the invitation. They are right in the same region as Iowa State and would provide a better level of competition as well as adding another in state rivalry game.

Don't know if CU is scared or not and really it doesn't matter. CSU brings nothing to the table. Their athletic programs bring nothing to the table and more importantly they bring no TV's thus no money to the table. Terrible choice imo, however so is TCU, Houston, Utah, New Mexico and many others that have been mentioned.

what are you talking about? you are presupposing things and basing your reply/argument on psychological aspects that have nothing to do with what i posted.

CU belongs in the MWC these days more than CSU belongs in the Big XII. simply put.

CU belongs in the MWC these days more than CSU belongs in the Big XII. simply put.

either way, the big 12 certainly doesn't need both.

maybe doesn't need either. if mu leaves, dump cu and and pull in memphis and louisville.

I have discussed this issue on four different boards now. I don't think that there is much chance that the Big Twelve will survive another ten years. There is too much jockeying going on.

The ACC was a bunch of North Carolina and Virginia schools a decade ago, with Maryland being an outsider. They have added Florida State, Georgia Tech, Miami, Boston College, and Virginia Tech in order to expand their MARKET and enhance their football reputation.

The Big East was a few eastern schools. Now, it has added West Virginia, South Florida, Notre Dame (basketball), Pittsburgh, DePaul, Louisville, and Cincinnati in an expansioin that takes it from Florida to Connecticut to the markets of Chicago and Milwaukee. If the Big Ten thinks it will get Notre Dame, it might consider that the Big East is a conference that contains a lot of private schools, like Notre Dame, as well as some Catholic schools, whereas the Big Ten (11) is nearly all state schools.

Missouri has been talking about the Big Ten for forty years, and they may well fit better into the Big Ten. Nebraska has even flirted with the idea. Colorado has been flirting with the Pac Ten for thirty years. Texas has been flirting with the Pac Ten since before the SWC breakup, and A&M has been talking about the SEC all during those years. It seems that everyone in the Big Twelve would rather be somewhere else. It also doesn't seem that Iowa State, Kansas State, Kansas, Baylor, and Tech are great football schools. Missouri has more of a reputation than is deserved.

I don't see a long-term relationship between Ames, Manhattan, and Austin. They just don't seem to fit.

You might as well get used to the idea that what has been is not likely to continue.

Im not sure if anyone would know, but do schools have contracts with conferences or are they allowed to leave and join conferences whenever they want?

That is what I have been wondering. I cannot imagine that OU, Texas and Nebraska have been revenue sharing with Missouri all these years but would give Missouri the contractual right to bolt at the first better offer.

Back