Big High School Tournament in DFW area next Weekend

Sam

Reaction score
Would be awesome if some DFW area Sooners could get out there and get some reports on some future Sooners/possible future Sooners.
Full list of teams.
Teams of note
Dennison - 2010 commit T.J. Taylor (I'm not sure if he is cleared to play full speed yet though)
Dallas Lincoln - 2011 recruit LeBryan Nash
Arlington Grace Prep - 2012 recruit Isaiah Austin
Plano Prestonwood Christian - 2012 recruit Zach Peters

Not sure why Sherman (Cam's) high school isn't there but the article states there are still a few more slots left and I hope his high school will take one of those.

I do not know right now, I am assuming with the mass amount of teams it will be played in multiple high schools across the DFW area. I am going to try to find out more info on it tomorrow and report back here.

Another possible name to look for is Thomas Gipson of Cedar Hill, he is class of 2011.

DFW hoopster you got any inside info (sites, schedules, etc) on this tournament you wouldn't mind sharing with us since this is happening in your background and you seem to know your hoops?

I don't know about that tournament. I was thinking about going to the tournament in Frisco on Oct 10th. Most of the players OU would care about are playing in that tourney:

http://metroplexhoops.com/AnnouncementRetrieve.aspx?ID=27810

I will ask a buddy that I play pick up ball with. His brother is a head coach of one of the better high school teams in Texas and he may know the details of where this tournament is being played. If I know something, I will post.

Calling the number listed tomorrow- 972/254-3657- will probably get you the info needed as well.

I had planned on calling the number when I had some free time tomorrow I just wanted to see if you had any inside info on this one. Thanks for the heads up on that one but this one seems more accessible considering this is a bye week for OU football and that one takes place the same day as the Baylor game.

I had planned on calling the number when I had some free time tomorrow I just wanted to see if you had any inside info on this one. Thanks for the heads up on that one but this one seems more accessible considering this is a bye week for OU football and that one takes place the same day as the Baylor game.

Yes I know. At first I was thinking about coming up to OU for that football game but after witnessing Baylor get manhandled by UConn firsthand yesterday, I think I will pass :) Saw Gary Franklin, Perry Jones and lots of recruits I didn't recognize at the Baylor game.

Texas Hoops has released the schedule for the tournament.

Source with Maps

Games with OU recruits are ones I'm listing here.

At IAD in Carrolton Texas

Court 1
7 PM Dallas Lincoln (LeBryan Nash) vs Flower Mound Marcus

Court 2
3:15 PM Cedar Hill (Thomas Gipson) vs Dallas Lincoln (LeBryan Nash)

7 PM Cedar Hill (Thomas Gipson) vs Plano East

Court 5
9 AM Denison (T.J. Taylor) vs Carollton Newman Smith

10:15 Dallas Lincoln (LeBryan Nash) vs Desoto

Court 6
12:45 Denison (T.J. Taylor) vs Irving MacArthur

Durham Middle School
Court 2
3:15 Denison (T.J. Taylor) vs Dallas South Oak Cliff

Do not see Austin's or Peter's listed in the schedule.

Could it possible if Henzo or somebody could confirm if TJ will actually be playing in the tournament?

Just got word that Sooner Legend Skeeter Henry's son will/should be playing for Dallas Kimble in this tournament.

Here are his game times

IAD
Court 3
9 AM Dallas Kimble (Henry) vs North Crowley (Willie's old school)

Court 2
4:30 PM Dallas Kimble (Henry) vs Fort Worth Dunbar

Colony High School
Court 1
12:45 PM Dallas Kimble (Henry) vs Coppell

Back