Big news tomorrow according to soonersports

okcsooner83

Reaction score
I wish it was to announce a new hoops arena but I doubt it with Capel being out of town. I am an idiot, i meant this week not today.

Last edited:
Did it say tomorrow? What I read was "later in the week". I have heard rumors that it is a new arena. Don't know if they are legit or not.

Also have heard that it is an expansion of Owen Field.

Do you think Owen Field will finally get completely bowled in?

If that is the case, I would say it's about damn time.lol

I'm assuming you guys are talking about the note in the Boomer Blast email?

Did it say tomorrow? What I read was "later in the week". I have heard rumors that it is a new arena. Don't know if they are legit or not.

I really, really, really hope this is true, but I just can't see it happening now with this economy. Maybe Toby Keith stepped up though. :)

Do you think Owen Field will finally get completely bowled in?

If that is the case, I would say it's about damn time.lol

My guess is that the Press Box gets a face lift first.

I doubt it's a new arena, probably some alterations or upgrades for the LNC.

I REALLY hope it is a new arena, the LNC is definately in need of replacing.

Ok, so I really hope it is major renovations to the LNC, I'm just tired of not having a basketball only arena, It would be louder, more fun to watch games from, and would increase attendence imo if we increased the angle and squared the seats around the court like 90% of every other college arena.

Ok, so I really hope it is major renovations to the LNC, I'm just tired of not having a basketball only arena, It would be louder, more fun to watch games from, and would increase attendence imo if we increased the angle and squared the seats around the court like 90% of every other college arena.

The LNC will be replaced when the arena is no longer profitable, which it still is.

From the email:

Something Big is Coming
Football has a bye this week, but there is still plenty going on in OU Athletics. Men's basketball student season tickets go on sale Tuesday, while women's soccer hosts a special event Friday. Get complete details below.

Plus, something big is coming! We can't tell you what it is, but stay tuned to SoonerSports.com later in the week to find out.

Back