*****Big-time visitor in Norman for the game Saturday*****

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's not a player who will impact next year. However, it is a huge name. We saw a rather large man sitting behind the OU bench today and in the row in front of Blake Griffin's parents.

So we've been checking sources since the end of the game and finally confirmed it was top big man Rakeem Christmas by dumb luck through his twitter account.

Christmas is a 6-9, 222-pound center from Philadelphia. He is ranked the 4th-best junior by Rivals, the #1 junior by Scout and is among the top 60 juniors according to ESPN. His latest top five consisted of OU, Georgetown, Florida, Florida International and Texas.

We will try to track down an interview with him next week to see how his visit went. Here are some videos.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIWcmAysLQQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McXzkzdFNJY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUsm8HLbsgU[/ame]

Re: Big-time visitor in Norman today for the game

I am sure he loved the atmosphere.

Thanks for that because I was wondering who that was. I thought he was taller than 6'9, but he was stacked, and just a junior! WOW!

Damn, that video is sick. That's pretty good news even though it doesn't help us now. You've got to think we're in a good position to get a visit on his own dime this early. Regardless of the crowd, what he saw today on the court is that he would be needed. I saw him but had no idea who he was. If that was his mom with him, she seemed to at least be having a good time.

Re: *****Big-time visitor in Norman today for the game*****

Oh yeah, WE NEED HIM !!!!!!! Good videos !!!!:clap

Wow! Athletic. Smooth. He makes fantastic plays look easy. Sure hope we get this kid!!!

Thanks for the report and vids, 23! :clap

I saw him at and after the game and figured he was big juco 2010, makes me feel foolish for not reconizing one of the top 10 kids in 2011.
doh1.jpg

That kid will not turn down Villanova for Oklahoma.

You may be right, but we still have to recruit him. You just never know. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

That kid will not turn down Villanova for Oklahoma.

Why do you say that, DM? Nova isn't even in the picture for this kid on any of the sites I've been on.

All services lists OU, Florida, Florida International, Georgetown, and Texas. Don't see Nova anywhere in there.

So they lose a big game at home and go bowling afterwards, really?

What would you prefer they do?

I don't know, all I know is that whenever I lost a game I was never in the mood to go bowling or do anything like that.

Long as they stay away from Dillards....

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't know, all I know is that whenever I lost a game I was never in the mood to go bowling or do anything like that.

They're entertaining a recruit. Did you do a lot of that when you played?

Why do you say that, DM? Nova isn't even in the picture for this kid on any of the sites I've been on.

I just don't see a major prospect leaving Philadelphia. If he's not considering them, that's big news in itself. Ideally, Capel should convince this kid to get his diploma this summer and play for OU next year!

My biggest dissappointment has been the fact that we've had maybe 2 2010 visitors since the season started that we know of and about 7 visitors that won't be eligible to play next year.

Last edited:

They are entertaining a recruit. Jeez.

Back