Bill Self gets feisty at a bar

Another missing part of the story is whether or not Bill was even drinking. Not everyone who goes into bars drinks...me included.

Another missing part of the story is whether or not Bill was even drinking. Not everyone who goes into bars drinks...me included.

Why would a grown man go to a bar then? For the music? LOL

Also, cheno, you are missing the point. This isn't an isolated incident. What about what brettromar's comments? How is that "acceptable"? I've heard similiar things, though I've never commented on a board about them, b/c that is a pretty serious accusation, and I PERSONALLY have never seen it. But I've heard it. And now brettromar, who typically has pretty solid information from the Tulsa-area, posts that.

Is it okay for Bill Self to cheat on his wife? Just askin'.

Also, cheno, you are missing the point. This isn't an isolated incident. What about what brettromar's comments? How is that "acceptable"? I've heard similiar things, though I've never commented on a board about them, b/c that is a pretty serious accusation, and I PERSONALLY have never seen it. But I've heard it. And now brettromar, who typically has pretty solid information from the Tulsa-area, posts that.

I go because some of my friends drink and we meet to eat and catch up. It doesn't bother me that they drink alcohol and it doesn't seem to bother them for me to drink iced tea.

Back to the shirt, what is he trying to be an MMA fighter wearing one of those shirts with all the crazy designs on it? lol

Ok, maybe some of this is my fault. I said rumors but I should never have said it.

I am a huge Bill Self fan and have been since he tried to semi recruit me in high school. I think he is a good guy, great coach, and hell of a recruiter. To be honest I don't care what he does at the bar as long as he is not doing something illegal.

The Ray Willis example is a bad one because he is not legal to drink.
To talk about parties with Chalmers when you have had the guys OU has had on campus is not a good thing to do. That is like throwing stones at OSU for Elliot and others when we have plenty of issues here.

Bill is a good guy and people who don't like him usually didn't offer them or their child a scholly or think he is a bad person. Either way, I am sure Bill sleeps well at night. Oh and the toupee thing, big woop. If the man likes the way he looks with fake hair, more power to him.

Sure. If you like to dance and listen to music but don't drink you go to a bar.
Again, I'm almost certain he probably does drink. But who cares he's a grown man.

Also, cheno, you are missing the point. This isn't an isolated incident.
I'm sure this isn't an isolated incident. I'm sure Bill Self has been in a bar before. Gasp.

What about what brettromar's comments? How is that "acceptable"? I've heard similiar things, though I've never commented on a board about them, b/c that is a pretty serious accusation, and I PERSONALLY have never seen it. But I've heard it. And now brettromar, who typically has pretty solid information from the Tulsa-area, posts that.
So now you feel okay to comment on it? Now a rumor from over 10 years ago is okay to discuss.

So now you are calling him out for cheating on his wife. So in this thread you've implied he screws around on his wife and is a bad father.
Wow, you certainly are a moral person. Again, you've made it perfectly clear you are not a Bill Self fan. I'm quite certain he's okay with that. I sure am.
Over the years you've attacked him professionally saying he really wasn't that good a coach and couldn't win the big one. I guess now that you can't go there you decide to attach his reputation and family.
You sure belly ache about KU threads a lot but then you feel the need to call out Self personally, nothing to do with basketball, but personally on an OU basketball board.
Pure class. Wow. I'm done with this. Not much else to say.
Carry on with the character attack, again nothing to do with hoops, on a guy that is generally known to be a very nice man.

Brett I posted mine above before I read what you posted.
Thanks for saying that. We're talking about a classy man who's
getting killed here personally for absolutely no reason. For going to
a piano bar for goodness sake. You are a classy poster. Thanks again.

3106133909_c11553f198.jpg

It's not a good look for a coach/role model. Jeff Capel can't come down on Ray Willis for drinking in a club at late hours of the night if he does the same......

Maybe that's why guys like Slim Shady and Chalmers have weed and sex parties, because that's what they see first hand from the big guy!

When did Self have weed or sex parties?

You guys act like people can not go out, or that coaches do not go out. College coaches are no different than anyone else. Yes, they are more high profile, but he was doing nothing that was against the law.

I wish you guys would just focus on the ridiculousness of grown family man wearing that shirt. That's the point of this thread. :(

I could care less if Bill cheats on his wife. That's his problem.

Yeah, we need to focus on the important stuff--like fashion.

I wish you guys would just focus on the ridiculousness of grown family man wearing that shirt. That's the point of this thread. :(

I could care less if Bill cheats on his wife. That's his problem.

Clay Aiken is on his way to Lawrence right now. He wants that shirt back.

Dirty, it appears that you think that drinking, in and of itself, is immoral. Is that correct? That would explain the inferences you are making about a single picture of Self in a silly shirt at a piano bar.

Maybe he was there checking on his players. Maybe he was there to council an alcoholic friend about to fall of the wagon. Maybe he was there to get wasted, score some E and find some loose moralled co-eds. The fact is, no one knows. You can't make any type of judgement based on whether a grown man enters a bar.

Dirty, it appears that you think that drinking, in and of itself, is immoral. Is that correct? That would explain the inferences you are making about a single picture of Self in a silly shirt at a piano bar.

Maybe he was there checking on his players. Maybe he was there to council an alcoholic friend about to fall of the wagon. Maybe he was there to get wasted, score some E and find some loose moralled co-eds. The fact is, no one knows. You can't make any type of judgement based on whether a grown man enters a bar.

Damn. Back off topic again.

Damn. Back off topic again.

D'oh!!

Let's try again...

I hope the shirt goes with his True Religions and giant belt buckle.

On casual friday, he usually pops the collar on his favorite pastel polo shirt with a slightly tilted trucker hat.

Back