Blake and Taylor 7-18

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Blake had 19 and 10. He was 5-10 from the line. He also had 5 TOs (got to cut down on those.).

Taylor had 11 points, 2 assists, and 2 steals (also had 4 TOs).

Longar had 4 and 3 in just over 4 minutes of action.

How has Taylor looked overall? Does he have a good shot to make the team?

How has Taylor looked overall? Does he have a good shot to make the team?

Just by looking at the recent roster "moves" I would say yes. However, I cannot say much about his work in the summer league. I heard a good report about his 1st game (which he actually didn't produce much. just had a good game, I guess.). Since then, I don't know much other than whats stated here.

In the basketball when you give a guy the ball a lot to score he's going to turn it over some. Especially with gifted athletes. I think Dwayne Wade turned it over more than anyone the league last year.

Taylor is shooting 31%, and has had a 1-5 game and a 1-9 game shooting the ball. I don't think he is going to make the team... I pray he does though!

In the basketball when you give a guy the ball a lot to score he's going to turn it over some. Especially with gifted athletes. I think Dwayne Wade turned it over more than anyone the league last year.

Yeah, but D-Wade's a guard; he's supposed to have the ball more. It's just the summer league, so I'm not all too worried about Blake, but then again...it IS the summer league, so you'd think he'd have a little more handle over it.

If that makes any sense at all.

Blake didn't have to handle it much at OU, so I'm sure it will come naturally to him as the season progresses. He'll have to handle it a little further from the basket than he's been used to, at times.

Yeah, but D-Wade's a guard; he's supposed to have the ball more. It's just the summer league, so I'm not all too worried about Blake, but then again...it IS the summer league, so you'd think he'd have a little more handle over it.

If that makes any sense at all.

Blake didn't have to handle it much at OU, so I'm sure it will come naturally to him as the season progresses. He'll have to handle it a little further from the basket than he's been used to, at times.

I doubt the Clips summer league team as a guard that can really handle the ball all the time and do anything with it. So they give it to Blake a ton.

And with so many guys new to the plays, there is bound to be a lot of that. Blake has been down on himself with forgetting some of the plays...I assume that has something to do with it.

Back