Blake at the three

It won't be a career ruiner but it won't be to his advantage either. Blake is a tremendous athlete and his strength, athleticism, skill set, and tenacity will make him an All Star at the 4. Even if he works 24 hrs a day for the rest of his life he will never be a great jump shooter. This doesn't mean he can't make enough jumpers to keep defenses honest. It just means that at the 3 he will need a quicker release, more range, and more consistency. That will just be a bit much to ask while still having to guard guys like Paul Pierce and LeBron. This is not a knock on BG at all!! I'm just saying that he will be an AS at the 4 but would never be more than a very average 3.

:clap :eek:ldwt356:

Good idea or career ruiner?

Not a good idea.

Do you really want to see Blake chasing a guy like Paul Pierce around the court, through screens? And I know he handles well, but I just don't see his offensive game transitioning well to that spot. PLUS, it takes away from his rebounding, which is a strength.

Not a good idea.

Do you really want to see Blake chasing a guy like Paul Pierce around the court, through screens? And I know he handles well, but I just don't see his offensive game transitioning well to that spot. PLUS, it takes away from his rebounding, which is a strength.

I agree with that alot. Also, in the NBA, the SFs are generally three point spot up shooters. Maybe in certain matchups, but not as a consistent basis.

Wont happen. Not a good idea. Would work better than it did for Taj Gray though. lol

Horrible idea... He can play in a "3 big" lineup but he wont be a small forward.

Small Forwards in NBA: Hedo Turkoglu, Josh Howard, Paul Pierce, Gerald Wallace, Andre Iguodala, Richard Jefferson, Rudy Gay, etc

Blake is not that kind of player... He is a prototype power forward, and he can use his perimeter skills (such as ball handling) to his advantage against other power forwards and centers.

Never gonna happen....

Horrible idea... He can play in a "3 big" lineup but he wont be a small forward.

Small Forwards in NBA: Hedo Turkoglu, Josh Howard, Paul Pierce, Gerald Wallace, Andre Iguodala, Richard Jefferson, Rudy Gay, etc

Blake is not that kind of player... He is a prototype power forward, and he can use his perimeter skills (such as ball handling) to his advantage against other power forwards and centers.

Never gonna happen....

I agree. He'll be a dominant 4. No way he can consistently play the 3 in the NBA.

As a pro he may be a very good low post scorer because of his footwork and hops. He may add more mid and outside game but he is a 4 because you want him inside sucking up rebounds. This skill seems to fly under the radar when talking about his game. Offensive rebound...slam. Defensive rebound turn and go fast with his handles. His hands help make him special.

He may become a good outside shooter like the way Magic and Lebron improved.

Back