Blake Griffin can't play defense.

I never said he couldnt be a good pro, I said he sucked in college and was overrated. Now, he is extremely athletic and 7'0'' and it looks like he is developing nicely.

If you are going to tout their young talent, dont forget about Al Thornton.

Blake Griffin, Al Thornton, Eric Gordon, and Deandre Jordan are their key guys that they SHOULD NEVER trade and continue to build around. A common theme with most good teams in the NBA is stability. The Clips have been notorious for major trades every year and they never have the same group of players.

LOL, big, just giving you a hard time. So now that we see what Jordan is doing in the league does this fall on him or does it fall on Turgeon?

As soonersam said I'm not sold on Thornton, he has been a black hole in the past. If he can pattern his game after Shawn Marion and become an elite defender and rebounder I think he could be a monster.

Also, who was it that said the Clppers shouldn't have traded Randolph? :)

I already have my courtside tickets for the Clippers at Thunder. Can't wait to see Blake and EJ play.

Awesome video!

We signed up for Dishnetwork League Pass so we can watch some Clippers games this season.

So now that we see what Jordan is doing in the league does this fall on him or does it fall on Turgeon?

Turgeon has pretty much nothing to do with Deandre Jordan... just like Jeff Capel has pretty much nothing to do with Blake Griffin.

Those guys would be where they are today no matter who coached them for a year or two in college.

Also, who was it that said the Clppers shouldn't have traded Randolph?

I dont like teams that trade their key players all the time, and nobody is worse than this than the Clippers.

Turgeon has pretty much nothing to do with Deandre Jordan... just like Jeff Capel has pretty much nothing to do with Blake Griffin.
Those guys would be where they are today no matter who coached them for a year or two in college.

I dont like teams that trade their key players all the time, and nobody is worse than this than the Clippers.

Whoa. I am going to go ahead and disagree with you on that one. Sure, Blake is full of unteachable potential and talent, and he was a McDAA before he came to OU, but to say that Capel and Cline had "pretty much nothing" to do with helping Blake's game is seriously messed up. Ask Blake. Look at the improvement between his first and second year. Not all of that was Blake. If nothing else, he needed the Sooner coaching staff to continually push him towards being better.

I can't speak for Deandre, but I am 100% certain that Blake Griffin would give Jeff Capel and the Oklahoma coaching staff a lot of credit for his development as a basketball player. And he would mean it.

LMAO, Randolph was addition by subtraction.
Randolph's selfishness, aversion to defense and proclivity for off-court trouble have made him almost a cliché at this point

The reason Randolph gets in trouble is that he equates points with success and will fire any shot that seems halfway reasonable to him. Consequently, he'll also force the action against double-teams. After eight years of this, it's slowly dawning on him that it's counter-productive, but he hasn't completely got religion yet.

LMAO, Randolph was addition by subtraction.

Yep, totally agree.

If it weren't Turgeon or his system then how can you explain Jordan flourishing in the NBA when he couldn't even get on the court at A&M? Makes no sense.

I think you can draw a lot of comparisons between Jordan and Griffin coming out of HS. They were similarly ranked (Jordan was one spot ahead on RSCI) and were both athletically gifted but a bit raw (Jordan moreso than Griffin).

Look at the difference in improvement between the two. Griffin turns into one of the best freshman in the country, future POY and #1 pick under Capel and Jordan leaves after one year as a 2nd round pick after sitting the bench under Turgeon. You can't give all the credit to Capel because of Blake's work ethic but I tend to believe Capel would have gotten more out of Jordan than Turg.

Back