Blake Griffin out longer than expected

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://newsok.com/blake-griffin-out-longer-than-expected/article/3423477

Clippers coach says No. 1 pick won't return until after Jan. 1

LOS ANGELES -- Former Oklahoma basketball star Blake Griffin will be out longer than expected. Los Angeles Clippers coach Mike Dunleavy said Monday that it appears Griffin won't return until after Jan. 1 from the stress fracture in his left knee cap.

Griffin, a power forward selected with the No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft, is scheduled to undergo X-rays in about 10 days. The Los Angeles Times reported that if doctors are satisfied with the results, Griffin could begin graduated weight-bearing exercises on a special machine.

"The final determination, the way I understand it, is a CT scan, which will show how the bone mends," Dunleavy said told the Times. "When that looks like it's really good, that's when he's cleared to do basketball-like activities" that could take up to two weeks before Griffin plays in a game.

"A lot of it depends on him and how he feels once he gets on the court and what he looks like," Dunleavy said.

Saw that earlier. Oy. Not good.

I sure hope Blake does not experience the misfortune Greg Oden has endured.

Is this anything like what happened to Murray? It seemed it took forever for him to heal.

Get back as soon as you are healthy, Blake!

Man, it has got to be killing him to not be able to help his team right now.

I can tell you this is more of the Clippers holding him back. Blake is wanting to play!

THey should wait till hes ready, no need to rush because that team isnt going to win a championship this year.

I don't care how long it takes. He shouldn't play until the doctors are absolutely sure. Blake is a special person and a special player. I really want to see him achieve the the things we all know he is capable of in the NBA. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Darn it... I was hoping to see him in San Antonio around Christmas. I am supposed to go out there for the Holidays.

They were talking about it on WWLS as I drove home from work. They said he had talked to Coach Capel and he told Coach Capel he wasn't going to try to rush it and he didn't want to come back before he was completely healed.

There's no need to rush it. He's way too valuable.

I hoped it would begin in his rookie season, but I'm still convinced that Blake will be a star in the NBA – a special player for years to come.

Back