Boom Forsythe commits

They aren’t very similar at all other than being from small school Oklahoma.

Cortes: Pure PG, flashy, phenomenal passer, good handles, decent speed/quickness.

Forsythe: combo guard, strong & tough, good shooter from 3 & mid, good defender, makes the right play.

Cortes could shoot…he just didn’t. Forsyth is aggressive on both ends and can really defend.

Cortes could shoot…he just didn’t. Forsyth is aggressive on both ends and can really defend.

I suspect you will see Cortes shoot a lot more this season. Apparently he still has some summer courses to take care of before he is eligible, though.

I suspect you will see Cortes shoot a lot more this season. Apparently he still has some summer courses to take care of before he is eligible, though.

I'm not degrading Cortes but I would expect him to get more shots at WSU. He should get plenty more PT at WSU. I wish him luck.

I'm not degrading Cortes but I would expect him to get more shots at WSU. He should get plenty more PT at WSU. I wish him luck.

Well their team is certainly no worse than we’ve been the past couple years. They arguably had more talent than we did but underachieved.

I guarantee you that when Cortes signed with OU, people were as pumped about him as they are now about Forsythe. I just hope for Forsythe’s sake, he gets more freedom to make mistakes than Cortes did.

Well their team is certainly no worse than we’ve been the past couple years. They arguably had more talent than we did but underachieved.

I guarantee you that when Cortes signed with OU, people were as pumped about him as they are now about Forsythe. I just hope for Forsythe’s sake, he gets more freedom to make mistakes than Cortes did.

I was jacked for cortes. Thought he was going to be legit. I think he still could have developed into a solid role player and maybe avg. Starter if he'd stayed

Thanks for your predictable contributions to this thread.

I was jacked for cortes. Thought he was going to be legit. I think he still could have developed into a solid role player and maybe avg. Starter if he'd stayed

I agree. I really think his style was an especially bad fit for Moser. Some guys really need a coach who can live with mistakes and let guys play through them. I think a lot of people on the board were every bit as excited for Cortes as Forsythe.

I agree. I really think his style was an especially bad fit for Moser. Some guys really need a coach who can live with mistakes and let guys play through them. I think a lot of people on the board were every bit as excited for Cortes as Forsythe.

Who cares what people thought about Bijan? Forsythe and Bijan are independent of each other. Besides, Bijan was a solid prospect out of high school. Seems more like just pouring water on another good recruiting win.

Bijan needs to play in an up-tempo fast running gun offense. Slow it down, half court, not his thing.

Bijan needs to play in an up-tempo fast running gun offense. Slow it down, half court, not his thing.

And yet, all we've heard is how fast OU is going to play this season. So Bijan could have stuck around, no?

I have no idea what to expect from Forsythe at OU. I do know we spend all offseason talking about how we needed to get bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic. Forsythe certainly isn't bigger/stronger/faster. OU hasn't done well with players like him over the last 15 years or so. And with a move to the SEC looming, I just don't know. Not writing the kid off, just pointing out that he goes against what most of this board has been crying about for the last 12+ months.

Who cares what people thought about Bijan? Forsythe and Bijan are independent of each other. Besides, Bijan was a solid prospect out of high school. Seems more like just pouring water on another good recruiting win.

Well, seeing as how you were one who posted in another thread a direct comparison between the two, I’d say you at least care a little bit. And I think it’s relevant to see how people view prior recruits because it basically shows that people will always hype up every high school kid we sign, then, once they leave, they downplay them and suggest that the newest recruit is better.

As of how, Forsythe is a three star kid. Maybe he turns out to be a stud. I hope that’s what happens.

There are plenty of things to complain about during the Moser era, but when you complain about his HS recruiting, you're showing your true colors.

And yet, all we've heard is how fast OU is going to play this season. So Bijan could have stuck around, no?

I have no idea what to expect from Forsythe at OU. I do know we spend all offseason talking about how we needed to get bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic. Forsythe certainly isn't bigger/stronger/faster. OU hasn't done well with players like him over the last 15 years or so. And with a move to the SEC looming, I just don't know. Not writing the kid off, just pointing out that he goes against what most of this board has been crying about for the last 12+ months.

Well first off, he left well before we had transfers to play faster.

Bijan liked some extra curriculars outside basketball. Look back at the suspension “leave”

Sometimes kids need a fresh start. I’m still a huge Bijan fan.

The sec will be easier. Much easier imo

From a basketball standpoint, it’ll be easier, but not from a purely athletic standpoint. They always have tons of very athletic players. Not as skilled as the Big 12, or as well-coached overall, but you need to be able to keep up athletically.

From a basketball standpoint, it’ll be easier, but not from a purely athletic standpoint. They always have tons of very athletic players. Not as skilled as the Big 12, or as well-coached overall, but you need to be able to keep up athletically.

I've actually had a very similar thought about the SEC. A ton of great athletes but not overloaded with great basketball per se. They have great top-end teams but it's not as deep as the Big 12 overall.

We have held our own vs SEC teams the last few years, even with our down years. I think we'll be fine in hoops and I'm hoping it opens up some new recruiting areas for us too.

Well Cortes was recruited by Kruger....so naturally the fit/style was going to be different with a new coach. I had high hopes for Cortes but was worried about the same thing I do with Forsythe and that is "is the jump in level too big"?

For Forsythe though, I think he is more athletic than Cortes is which may translate a little better....at least I hope.

For me, I am not expecting Forsythe to come in and be an immediate difference maker. I just want him to contribute some early and work his way into potentially being a solid starter down the road.

Initially perhaps, but not for long. Within a few years, I suspect SEC will surpass the Big XII, and it might be by a wide margin. The move to the SEC has huge revenue implications, and while football was the large driver, this will spill over into other sports. Basketball will be the biggest benefactor after football.

Just look at schools like Alabama and Arkansas, who I would not consider traditional basketball powers. They're both positioned to easily be top 10 programs over the next 5 years, and that's almost entirely based on money. Recruiting against them is almost a lost cause currently comparable to the blue bloods. I'd rather see Gonzaga or Villanova on a list for a guy we're recruiting.

KU will remain a power, and Baylor is positioned to stay strong, but the rest of the conference will decline. KSU has a great thing going with Tang, but it's only a matter of time before an SEC school like LSU breaks the bank to bring that mercenary to their side. UH will be great as long as Kelvin is in charge, but that may only be a few more years. It's only a matter of time before SEC basketball starts to look a lot like SEC football (and baseball). Most of the schools that struggle in football will likely take the Arkansas route and dedicate their funds to basketball. I've been expecting Vanderbilt to give up on football and just be a baseball and basketball powerhouse.

Initially perhaps, but not for long. Within a few years, I suspect SEC will surpass the Big XII, and it might be by a wide margin. The move to the SEC has huge revenue implications, and while football was the large driver, this will spill over into other sports. Basketball will be the biggest benefactor after football.

Just look at schools like Alabama and Arkansas, who I would not consider traditional basketball powers. They're both positioned to easily be top 10 programs over the next 5 years, and that's almost entirely based on money. Recruiting against them is almost a lost cause currently comparable to the blue bloods. I'd rather see Gonzaga or Villanova on a list for a guy we're recruiting.

KU will remain a power, and Baylor is positioned to stay strong, but the rest of the conference will decline. KSU has a great thing going with Tang, but it's only a matter of time before an SEC school like LSU breaks the bank to bring that mercenary to their side. UH will be great as long as Kelvin is in charge, but that may only be a few more years. It's only a matter of time before SEC basketball starts to look a lot like SEC football (and baseball). Most of the schools that struggle in football will likely take the Arkansas route and dedicate their funds to basketball. I've been expecting Vanderbilt to give up on football and just be a baseball and basketball powerhouse.

Honestly, I expect our NIL game to continue to step up like it has started to. I think you'll see us adjust and continue to be more competitive. We'll see though.

I dont see the sec being extra athletic either than the big 12. I think across the board the sec will be easier

Back