Bracketology

Not on the bubble or anything? interesting....

The Big XII will get more than 5 teams in, book it.

After the first 4 seeds I don't how much cred this guy has.

:tinypower

If the tournament were to start today, we would not be in nor would we be on the bubble. That's all this means. It is not a predictor of future results.

I seriously doubt the Big XII only gets 5 teams in this year. Way too much talent and balance across the board. If OU beats Gonzaga I think they go back in.

If we don't develop post play outside of Tiny, we won't even sniff the NIT.

The Big XII will get more than 5 teams in, book it.

After the first 4 seeds I don't how much cred this guy has.

:tinypower

Agreed about the first statement for sure. I think he's relying heavily on RPI at this point, which for OU will go up dramatically once conference play begins, as the Big 12 will be one of the strongest leagues in the country. The Sooners need to go 9-7 in the league, win at least one in the Big 12 tourney, and play Zaga competitively win or lose; if that happens, I think OU gets one of the last at large bids as an 8 or 9 seed.

If the tournament were to start today, we would not be in nor would we be on the bubble. That's all this means. It is not a predictor of future results.

Exactly, has nothing to do with expected conference results...the Big XII will have a top 2 RPI by the end of the year. Can't argue with his analysis right now, OU has done nothing to warrant a bid.

If we don't develop post play outside of Tiny, we won't even sniff the NIT.

Why do people make comments like this. I think we did pretty well on the road with Tiny playing extremely limited minutes.

If we win our in conference home games and steal two on the road, we will have a conference record of 10-6. There is no way a 10 and 6 Big XII does not get in this year.

If we win our in conference home games and steal two on the road, we will have a conference record of 10-6. There is no way a 10 and 6 Big XII does not get in this year.

The problem is having to be flawless on the home court. I am sure the team will steal a game or two on the road, but will they beat Texas, OSU, A&M, Tech, and Iowa State at home? How confident are you that OU goes 5-0 against those teams at home? You would think 4-1 or 3-2 would be good against those types of teams.

We'll be a tournament team and probably a decent seed

Why do people make comments like this. I think we did pretty well on the road with Tiny playing extremely limited minutes.

We also traveled to "stiff city," USA.

The problem is having to be flawless on the home court. I am sure the team will steal a game or two on the road, but will they beat Texas, OSU, A&M, Tech, and Iowa State at home? How confident are you that OU goes 5-0 against those teams at home? You would think 4-1 or 3-2 would be good against those types of teams.
Umm Texas I see the argument but those other 4s we're going to be the favorite in all those games. Plus we'll win at Colorado, Nebraska and Baylor to make up for the loss to Texas.

Perhaps OU does not get in if the tournament starts today but the Big XII probably gets 7 teams if the tournament starts today.

Umm Texas I see the argument but those other 4s we're going to be the favorite in all those games. Plus we'll win at Colorado, Nebraska and Baylor to make up for the loss to Texas.

So you feel good about 4-1 in those 5 games?

So you feel good about 4-1 in those 5 games?
Right now yes. OSU is 0-1 in true road games and I bet Tech, A&M, ISU have had similar in struggles on the road. I think we'll about even with those teams and since those are home games I will give us the edge. Plus this is a young team that will only improve as conference play continues, and outside of OSU aren't most of those games in middle or back or the conference schedule?

Does this really surprise anyone?

I like the way we are playing right now, but i want to see us compete and beat someone that is actually a good team...we have beaten some good names but none of the last 3 High Majors are going to be in any mention for the Tournament...

Bubble teams beat someone of significance somewhere along the way, we haven't done anything of the sort so far. Good opportunity coming up against Gonzaga in Spokane.

Exactly. This team will have plenty of games to prove themselves due to the strength of the Big 12 this year. We have beaten no one of significance...yet. Heck, 8-8 might even be enough this year as long as we can win a game or two in the Big 12 tournament and avoid any "bad" losses to conference bottom-dwellers.

Back