2024 NCAA Tourney Bracketology

Maybe you should look up the word irony in the dictionary seeing as how you posted this at the same time you called WT soft
Nothing soft about being tired of bad posters

It is soft for someone to say they are going to leave because of stats being posted

Nothing soft about being tired of bad posters

It is soft for someone to say they are going to leave because of stats being posted
Same old crap.

I have nothing against stats. I have something against stats that don't relate to the conversation at hand. I was arguing a very specific topic that this board likes to default to. Us beating up on 0-26 teams during our OOC schedule don't have anything to do with that conversation.

Same old crap.

I have nothing against stats. I have something against stats that don't relate to the conversation at hand. I was arguing a very specific topic that this board likes to default to. Us beating up on 0-26 teams during our OOC schedule don't have anything to do with that conversation.
😂

Because all we played were 0-26 teams in the non conference.

You like stats when they agree with your bias. You don’t think they are needed when they don’t

😂

Because all we played were 0-26 teams in the non conference.

You like stats when they agree with your bias. You don’t think they are needed when they don’t
I don't have a bias.

I like stats that relate to the conversation. There is no stat in the world that takes into account OOC games that would factor into a conversation about our program's success/failure IN CONFERENCE PLAY. It's literally in the description of the argument, IN CONFERENCE PLAY.

NET has OU up one spot from 39 to 38 after the win.
Bracketmatrix has us as the 2nd 8-seed
MasseyRatings have us at 32
Barttorvik has us at 40

Q1: 4-6
Q2: 3-2
Q3: 4-0
Q4: 8-0

Comparing us to 2023 WVU
2023 WVU2024 OU
101+7-011-0
51-1005-24-1
26-505-12-2
Top 252-112-5
Record thru 2715-1219-8
Worst Loss63 Taco Tech (H)70 UCF (A)
Best Win21 KSU (H)12 ISU (H)
SOS568
Non-Con92314
KP1937
NET2538
Q16-144-6
Q26-13-2
Q31-04-0
Q46-08-0
Tourney9 seed?

Torvik resume comparison (9.7 seed comp, similar to 2019 OU):
1708880412692.png

Last edited:
I hate being on the 8/9 line - 7/10 is much more preferable in terms of a possible 2nd round matchup. Hopefully we can pull a big game or 2 off down the stretch and lock a 7 and below seed.

To get to the 7 line, we need to win at least two more games. I think we will handle Cincy at home for one win, but I'm scratching my head to see where another probable win could be. I think we COULD win at Texas, but they are a bad matchup for us with their length and athleticism (not to mention they may end up needing the win against us to hang on for a tournament berth).

I would love to sneak into the #6 slot in the Big 12 tournament to grab another potential win, but I'm having a hard time seeing a path right now. TCU is up a game on us in the standings and has the head-to-head advantage....same with Tech. Although Tech has some injuries and has a tough finishing stretch like us. BYU has an easier finishing stretch, but have "head to head" on them.

If we can get to 21 wins, we will be in play for 7 seed and most definitely a 7 seed if we get to 22 wins. If we only win one more game, we will probably fall to a 10 seed.

To get to the 7 line, we need to win at least two more games. I think we will handle Cincy at home for one win, but I'm scratching my head to see where another probable win could be. I think we COULD win at Texas, but they are a bad matchup for us with their length and athleticism (not to mention they may end up needing the win against us to hang on for a tournament berth).
Agreed. Texas will be desperate when they play OU without question.

great comment at the beginning of the bubble watch today about this ..
For two straight years with wildly different approaches to nonconference scheduling, the Big 12 has excelled in the NET rankings.
The relationship between a team's nonconference strength of schedule and its NET ranking can be less direct than Brownell suggests. There's one league in particular that provides an excellent example of this indirect relationship. That conference is the Big 12 -- last year.

At this point in the season one year ago, the Big 12 didn't rank at No. 32 for nonconference strength of schedule. It ranked No. 9, meaning Big 12 teams collectively played one of D-I's tougher nonconference schedules.

Recall that the league was made up of just 10 teams a year ago. BYU, Cincinnati, Houston and UCF were yet to join the conference.

Nevertheless, seven of those 10 teams were in the top 30 of the NET rankings. The conference was No. 1 at KenPom from start to finish, just like this year (so far).

Eventually, the league put seven of its teams into the field of 68. All of the above occurred in the NET rankings and on the court, even though the Big 12 played a relatively challenging nonconference schedule.

For two straight years with wildly different approaches to nonconference scheduling, the Big 12 has excelled in the NET rankings. It's likely the consistent excellence says far more about basketball than it does about scheduling.

Back