Bubble Watch catch all ..

People really questioned that? I thought Gibson made the obvious decision apart from the falling over and losing the ball part.

I wanted him to stop and pop for a midrange jumper, I think he would have been ran over and fouled at the least.

Well, I think I am going to be dead wrong. I said loud and proud if we beat Baylor we’d be in. Since then, my confidence level has slowly dropped. Ingesting all the info and various opinions/metrics available, I have slid all the way down well below 50/50 now. At this point, I will be legit surprised if we see our names tonight. I think we are out. I just hope it isn’t revealed that the Richmond result is what pushed us out.

All year we’ve been JUST a fraction off. We are a flawed team that needed a few breaks and 50/50 type things to go our way. A few did, but not enough. I think tonight completes the circle of this season and we come up just a bit short.

Hope we get in and everyone piles on how undeserving and we make it out of the first weekend

I wanted him to stop and pop for a midrange jumper, I think he would have been ran over and fouled at the least.

Best bet for getting fouled was getting to the hoop. I could see the argument for a floater, as the extra split second could more easily allow for a tip. The only bad decision would have been to pull up from three while down one (if down two, I retract the statement). Falling over and losing the ball was also a less than ideal decision.

Tennessee wasn't a bubble team they were pretty easily in but they won the SEC for the first time in 42 years. Last time they won the SEC Kevin Nash was a backup center on their team. Magic and Bird were still in college.

Best bet for getting fouled was getting to the hoop. I could see the argument for a floater, as the extra split second could more easily allow for a tip. The only bad decision would have been to pull up from three while down one (if down two, I retract the statement). Falling over and losing the ball was also a less than ideal decision.

He could’ve pulled up from 10-15 feet and hit the jumper, something he did several times this weekend. No way was he getting a foul call from those refs in that situation. Best bet would’ve been a pull up jumper or pass to an open man for the last shot.

None of it matters now.

Feels like this will be the toughest bubble situation the committee has had for a while. Sooners should be rewarded for their SOS but we will see.

He could’ve pulled up from 10-15 feet and hit the jumper, something he did several times this weekend. No way was he getting a foul call from those refs in that situation. Best bet would’ve been a pull up jumper or pass to an open man for the last shot.

None of it matters now.

If memory serves correctly, the ref's overactive whistle gave Tech the lead about 20 seconds earlier, and a few seconds earlier Groves was sent to the line. Solid decision...bad execution.

If memory serves correctly, the ref's overactive whistle gave Tech the lead about 20 seconds earlier, and a few seconds earlier Groves was sent to the line. Solid decision...bad execution.

Yeah. I knew he would miss one when he went to the line. Glad he and Tanner are hitting the gym and the weights in the offseason as both need it.

I'm pretty much in NIT mode now. Maybe we can win a couple games there and get momentum for next year.

Best case I see us in with around a 10 seed. If so we could probably beat the 7 seed we are matched up. Could, not for sure. Otherwise the NIT.

Best case I see the women a 4 seed but believe it will be a 5.

Best case I see us in with around a 10 seed. If so we could probably beat the 7 seed we are matched up. Could, not for sure. Otherwise the NIT. TCU losses really hurt.

Best case I see the women a 4 seed but believe it will be a 5. Kansas loss hurt.

I'm pretty much in NIT mode now. Maybe we can win a couple games there and get momentum for next year.

We are all obviously influenced by the projections. Probably rightfully so though. These 129 people only benefit from being right, not wrong. And it looks like at closing, only about 25/129 are projecting us in. It doesn’t look good and we are going to have to hope that the majority of people who consider themselves good at this have really missed the mark on how the committee will view our resume. I’d say seems like a long shot and that our SOR will likely be used as the biggest reason we are out— essentially while we played a really hard schedule, we just didn’t win enough of them. While I’ll have an issue if there are certain teams in over us, it will honestly probably be hard to claim we got “screwed” this year. What screwed us was not being able to get a few of those one possession losses to go our way. Fingers crossed, but with ten minutes to post time, I am not feeling confident at all.

We are all obviously influenced by the projections. Probably rightfully so though. These 129 people only benefit from being right, not wrong. And it looks like at closing, only about 25/129 are projecting us in. It doesn’t look good and we are going to have to hope that the majority of people who consider themselves good at this have really missed the mark on how the committee will view our resume. I’d say seems like a long shot and that our SOR will likely be used as the biggest reason we are out— essentially while we played a really hard schedule, we just didn’t win enough of them. While I’ll have an issue if there are certain teams in over us, it will honestly probably be hard to claim we got “screwed” this year. What screwed us was not being able to get a few of those one possession losses to go our way. Fingers crossed, but with ten minutes to post time, I am not feeling confident at all.

Im sure they influence each other too, we should be in but if not play cupcakes in non con play

Im sure they influence each other too, we should be in but if not play cupcakes in non con play

Probably, yes. I imagine they check each other out and that has some influence. I believe one of the top 5 rated dudes still had us in as of this afternoon. Gotta hope the outliers are right.

If we beat Utah State and Butler that would put us in easily. You can't lose to bad teams like that. Or if we beat Kansas once.

Back