Bubble Watch catch all ..

The lesson might be to not schedule mid majors that can beat you. Either go big and schedule top tier P5 teams from other conferences or plays Texas State.

We didn’t lose to any mid major that we scheduled. We lost to a team from one of the best five conferences, and a team that is usually very good at that. And again, we didn’t schedule Utah State. We played them in a tournament.

We need to recruit better talent and athleticism to avoid being in this position every year.

Well we met expectations this year for me. Now just need to win some NIT games maybe get to the finals there. I know a lot of people here are disappointed in this season though.

We need to recruit better talent and athleticism to avoid being in this position every year.

This year was a bit of a cluster because we had to flip the entire roster that was actually pretty solid on paper if it came back like it was with just a couple parts. But too bad that couldn't happen. Not having enough size at the wings was just killer. Noland showed promise late in the year as did Johnson and Jacob Groves. Hopefully that continues and we can add some wings to make this team better next year.

We didn’t lose to any mid major that we scheduled. We lost to a team from one of the best five conferences, and a team that is usually very good at that. And again, we didn’t schedule Utah State. We played them in a tournament.

I hope we never play in a tournament like that again. Only land mines there.

He didn't have us in before VT and Richmond.

11 seed Michigan resume better than OU?

Lunardi’s job is to predict what the committee will do and he only missed a couple of teams and not by much.

This year was a bit of a cluster because we had to flip the entire roster that was actually pretty solid on paper if it came back like it was with just a couple parts. But too bad that couldn't happen. Not having enough size at the wings was just killer. Noland showed promise late in the year as did Johnson and Jacob Groves. Hopefully that continues and we can add some wings to make this team better next year.

Johnson story would be interesting to know. He was perhaps the missing piece. His injury hit when he was starting to contribute.

If OU limped into the post season like they have in the past I would have been fine with being left out. This team was giving it all and playing their best ball of the season, I really think they could have won a couple games in the tourney if they got in which is just so frustrating.

They lost 10 games in the Mountain West finished 7th overall. It's a bad loss sorry.

they are 60 net that was a q2 game that is not a bad loss by definition ..

butler was a q3 loss that is the bad one

The committee rewarded wins in this bracket, and I think they nailed it... I would reward a 25-5 CSU team, a 23-8 SDSU team, a 25-9 Wyoming team over some near .500 P5 team any day of the week... Boise get the at-large bid and are 27-7.

OSU sucked....
KSU sucked....
WVU sucked...

OU won 7 conference games:
OSU - KSU - KSU - WVU - WVU - Texas Tech - ISU

OSU is not above .500
KSU is under .500
WVU is under .500

5 of the 7 conference games against teams that are total trash.

OU had a weird season... They drilled Arkansas, beat a #1 seed in Baylor in the conference tournament (which clearly didn't matter for them or us), but just did a lot of losing. However:

OU lost to #1 seed KU by 2
OU lost to #1 seed KU by 3
OU lost to #9 seed TCU by 1
OU lost to #6 seed Texas by 2
OU lost to #3 seed Texas Tech by 1

you list lots of things that are not remolty true ..

WVU OSU and KSU in no way sucked or were "total trash"

the committee rewarded wins??? that is laughable .... they rewarded the big 10 you i guess forgot those records ... see michigan and rutgers ..

Last edited:
you list lots of things that are not remolty true ..

the committee rewarded wins??? that is laughable .... they rewarded the big 10 you i guess forgot those records ... see michigan and rutgers ..

Yeah. If OU had some of those schedules they would win over 23 games as well. Sad stuff man.

OU has better resume' than Iowa State....imo.

Disagree

None of them are over .500 overall. If 5 of your 7 league wins are these guys, you didn't do enough.

Rutgers got rewarded for going 12-8 in the Big 10... OU went 7-11 in their league. Overall similar records, but they did way better in their league than OU did in the Big 12 and beat more good teams. The Rutgers thing is a no brainer.

They beat the following NCAA Tournament Teams:
Michigan (11 seed)
Purdue (3 seed)
Iowa (5 seed)
Michigan State (7 seed)
Ohio State (7 seed)
Wisconsin (3 seed)
Illinois (4 seed)
Indiana (12 seed)

OU beat the following NCAA Tournament Teams:
Baylor (1 seed)
Arkansas (4 seed)
Texas Tech (3 seed)
Iowa State (11 seed)

That's it.... So Rutgers finished 12-8 in a tough league, and beat double the amount of NCAA Tournament teams that OU did.

Last edited:
Disagree

None of them are over .500 overall. If 5 of your 7 league wins are these guys, you didn't do enough.

Rutgers got rewarded for going 12-8 in the Big 10... OU went 7-11 in their league. Overall similar records, but they did way better in their league than OU did in the Big 12 and beat more good teams. The Rutgers thing is a no brainer.

They beat the following NCAA Tournament Teams:
Michigan (11 seed)
Purdue (3 seed)
Iowa (5 seed)
Michigan State (7 seed)
Ohio State (7 seed)
Wisconsin (3 seed)
Illinois (4 seed)
Indiana (12 seed)

OU beat the following NCAA Tournament Teams:
Baylor (1 seed)
Arkansas (4 seed)
Texas Tech (3 seed)
Iowa State (11 seed)

That's it.... So Rutgers finished 12-8 in a tough league, and beat double the amount of NCAA Tournament teams that OU did.

Their non conference performance was so bad that they should have been out unless they won the conference tournament.

Last edited:
Their non conference performance was so bad that they should have been out unless they won the conference tournament.

Rutgers NET is right there with West Virginia and KSU. Must mean they suck, too.

ISU had a 9-8 Q1 record with no Q3 losses. Bottom line, it was our 4-12 Q1 record that spoiled our chances and resume.

How many other teams played that many Q1 games? (Honest question, I don't know the answer.)

Back