Bubble Watch catch all ..

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/bprzybylo/status/1503140261706317833?s=21[/TWEET]

I like the direction OU basketball is going under Porter. If he can land the talent i have no doubt in his coaching abilities and their won't be many disappointing selection Sunday's going forward.

Or OU wins a game vs Kansas, TCU, etc. We're in. Wild stuff man.

Do these guys accept an NIT invite? That's the real question.

OU wins any game that we lost, and we're in. I feared back in December that the Butler loss would come back to haunt us. And it did.

Porter knows his job is to sell the program. He'll accept the NIT bid as an opportunity to play more games.

The NET ranking is a totally useless ranking. The Big12 had 2 #1 seeds and only 6 teams in the tourney? Rutgers and Michigan get credit for beating a bunch of mediocre teams. Easily the 2 least deserving teams in the field but…B1G.

Surely they do.....it extends the season. :woot

These guys need more practice. Need to get Noland and Groves for next year and beyond. Maybe Cortes too although he's not played well.

Just throwing this out there. Big 10 gets 9 teams in. No 1 or 2seeds in tourney. Big 12 gets 6 teams in with 2 of them 1seeds.

The NET ranking is a totally useless ranking. The Big12 had 2 #1 seeds and only 6 teams in the tourney? Rutgers and Michigan get credit for beating a bunch of mediocre teams. Easily the 2 least deserving teams in the field but…B1G.

I was sure Rutgers would NOT get in and notre dame should not have

The committee rewarded wins in this bracket, and I think they nailed it... I would reward a 25-5 CSU team, a 23-8 SDSU team, a 25-9 Wyoming team over some near .500 P5 team any day of the week... Boise get the at-large bid and are 27-7.

OSU sucked....
KSU sucked....
WVU sucked...

OU won 7 conference games:
OSU - KSU - KSU - WVU - WVU - Texas Tech - ISU

OSU is not above .500
KSU is under .500
WVU is under .500

5 of the 7 conference games against teams that are total trash.

OU had a weird season... They drilled Arkansas, beat a #1 seed in Baylor in the conference tournament (which clearly didn't matter for them or us), but just did a lot of losing. However:

OU lost to #1 seed KU by 2
OU lost to #1 seed KU by 3
OU lost to #9 seed TCU by 1
OU lost to #6 seed Texas by 2
OU lost to #3 seed Texas Tech by 1

That's pretty crazy... I have no idea if L's just count as L's or being really close against top level competition all year matters, but OU was basically in the same position its been in for years... On the fringe, and within a game of making it or not making it.

The 2018 team got in with 18-14 record, probably because of Trae Young. ANY other losses and they don't make it. And they shouoldn't have made it anyway

The 2019 team got in with a 19-12 record and had to hit a game winner against a trash TCU team in the last game of the season to get in, and then they lost to WVU in the first round of the Big 12 right after that. If OU loses that TCU game, they don't get in.

The 2020 team got in with a 16-11 record... and went 2-5 in the last 7 games with both wins being against an ISU team that went 2-22.... In fact, 3 of OU's 16 wins were against ISU. Losing ANY extra game in the 2020 season, costs OU the tournament.

This year is the exact same pattern... Fringe team, nowhere near accomplishing any program goals... One more win probably gets them in as like a 12 seed or some garbage like that...

• Not competitive in the league
  • Didn't make the league tournament championship game
  • Didn't easily make the NCAA Tournament
  • Didn't defeat rivals (swept by KU, swept by Texas, and split with OSU)

The lesson might be to not schedule mid majors that can beat you. Either go big and schedule top tier P5 teams from other conferences or plays Texas State.

Just throwing this out there. Big 10 gets 9 teams in. No 1 or 2seeds in tourney. Big 12 gets 6 teams in with 2 of them 1seeds.

They gave the Big 12 no credit outside of the 2 1s and Tech at 3. Texas was a 6 seed. TCU was probably about right with a 9 seed. ISU was an 11

Dayton was “ahead” of us. Quad 1 record 3-2. NET rank 58. SOS 117.

Hilarious

Back