Bubble Watch catch all ..

I’d argue our 18-15 is better than Rutgers’ 18-13 and Michigan’s 17-14 records.

Agreed. Put those teams side by side. OU resume is better. We should be in and one of them should be out.

Butler lost 20 games this year and beat us. Utah State lost 16 games and beat us. Both of those teams in lesser conferences. Just bad losses there and it sticks out. If you win those 2 games and look at the rest of OU's resume they are easily in.

I agree, but my point is, it wouldn’t have helped to play awful teams in their place. You simply have to beat those two teams. And Utah State was in a tournament; every team plays in those, and we had about as easy a tournament as there is. In other words, we didn’t miss the tournament because we scheduled too tough. We missed because we lost to a couple relatively poor teams, and blew multiple conference games in the last two minutes.

think about this

vt misses the buzzer beater 3 in ot they lose to clemson

davidson wins today

ou is in

I think any additional win (instead of a loss) probably gets us in at 19-14. But certainly winning one of the close conference games would have pushed us over the hump. Having said that, I may be in the minority, but I like the way this team is playing and will look forward to watching them in the NIT.

Tennessee a 3 is a joke too and their tournament win meant nothing

I think it simply took reversing one of those close losses to KU, Texas, TCU, or the last one vs Tech. Yes, Butler was really bad but we had numerous chances to overcome that loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The other game that killed was Indiana coming back against Michigan. I said at the time that would get them both in.

OU is the 2nd replacement/standby team (which makes NO sense because they didn’t even use the replacement teams last year when they needed them when VCU couldn’t play due to Covid). My fear is that moser will decline the NIT bid in hopes that we can play in the big dance and then we don’t play at all. That happened to Louisville last year.

Back