Buzz Williams post game

Comes off as just whiny to me.. every year, multiple teams can say this same thing

Criticism is fair but imo comes off poorly especially when his team is still playing in the NIT. He’s not going to get any favors done in the future obv.

I agree that this comes off as whiny. He thinks he's advocating for his players, but just like us, they had plenty of opportunities.

I agree that this comes off as whiny. He thinks he's advocating for his players, but just like us, they had plenty of opportunities.

Comes off like Buzz has corrupt text messages or something lol. What, is the selection committee KU and bill self? Boom. Roasted.

Moser handled the situation better than buzz IMO, but buzz is also 100% right about lack of transparency and personal human bias. Personal biases overruled the play on the court and several unworthy big 10/acc teams went to the tournament.

I agree. He's not only come off as a bit of a whiner, but he's undoubtedly made enemies moving forward. He should expect not to expect any favors moving forward, if he's ever on the fence again he should expect not to be in the tourney, IMO. I didn't expect our guys to make it, and we even beat better teams than his group did, and were in a harder conference. It is what it is. It'd be nice to continue winning, win the NIT and then use that as a springboard for next season.

Moser handled the situation better than buzz IMO, but buzz is also 100% right about lack of transparency and personal human bias. Personal biases overruled the play on the court and several unworthy big 10/acc teams went to the tournament.

I agree that Porter handled it a lot better. Moser just laid out the case for his team and made every selling point he could on why his team deserved to be in the tournament, without questioning the committee, the process, or drawing attention to specific teams. Buzz came out whiny and entitled, and he sure didn't have a problem with the lack of transparency when he benefited a few times at Marquette and Va Tech.

Want to know what the committee is looking for and how to get selected? Don't wait until the last two weeks of the season to play ball. Don't lose 8 in a row and 9 of 10 in the last 1/3 of the season. Don't go 4-10 against Q1 teams. Don't have 2 Q3 losses. Don't play 16 games against Q3 & Q4 opponents. Don't get blown out in a win-and-guaranteed-in game. And don't get on a soapbox about deserving to be in the NCAA after a game when you trailed in the second half, albeit briefly, on your home floor to a #265 NET ranked team.

Buzz can complain about the process and transparency all he wants, but he knows why they weren't selected, and so does everyone else.

Last edited:
I agree that Porter handled it a lot better. Moser just laid out the case for his team and made every selling point he could on why his team deserved to be in the tournament, without questioning the committee, the process, or drawing attention to specific teams. Buzz came out whiny and entitled, and he sure didn't have a problem with the lack of transparency when he benefited a few times at Marquette and Va Tech.

Want to know what the committee is looking for and how to get selected? Don't wait until the last two weeks of the season to play ball. Don't lose 8 in a row and 9 of 10 in the last 1/3 of the season. Don't go 4-10 against Q1 teams. Don't have 2 Q3 losses. Don't play 16 games against Q3 & Q4 opponents. Don't get blown out in a win-and-guaranteed-in game. And don't get on a soapbox about deserving to be in the NCAA after a game when you trailed in the second half, albeit briefly, on your home floor to a #265 NET ranked team.

Buzz can complain about the process and transparency all he wants, but he knows why they weren't selected, and so does everyone else.
One might just as well say: if you want to get in, don't lose on your home court to NET #319. Don't lose two Q3 games besides. Don't be ranked in the low 70's in NET. Yet Rutgers did exactly that.

Or: don't go 2-8 in Q1 games. Don't play 18 Q3 and Q4 games. Don't LOSE TO TEXAS A&M ON A NEUTRAL COURT!!! Yet Notre Dame did all of that.

The Neutered Dames also lost head to head against a Wake Forest team with a better NET.

I thought they had a better resume than some other at-large teams just like I thought we did. But the part that is silly to me is that he made the comments in his postgame comments after he played a first round game in the NIT. It comes off as flexing your muscles after beating Alcorn State. All opposing NIT coaches should remind their teams now that ATM is too good be in this tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. He's not only come off as a bit of a whiner, but he's undoubtedly made enemies moving forward. He should expect not to expect any favors moving forward, if he's ever on the fence again he should expect not to be in the tourney, IMO. I didn't expect our guys to make it, and we even beat better teams than his group did, and were in a harder conference. It is what it is. It'd be nice to continue winning, win the NIT and then use that as a springboard for next season.

Sometime the squeaky wheel gets oiled.

Back