Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.

This thread has run its course. It will be over on the smack board for those that want to carry on with the discussion.

Re: Cade Davis is shooting 33.7% from the field.

I don't think he'd start at OSU. He can't play point guard. And Page would start over him for sure at the 2.

Not to flame, but seeing the game last night, do you still feel this way? I like Gulley and think he has potential down the line, but if OSU had Cade, you don't have to make offense/defense substitution.

Cade just needs to stop shooting the ball unless he is 100% wide open. His missed shots take away from the things he does bring to the table.

Every "expert" who made foolish evaluations of what type of player Cade Davis is please come back to this thread. The guys who said things about Cade, please come back and explain yourself now.

I agree about Cade... He would not start at any other Big 12 school. I don't know why DM thinks Cade is so talented, because he obviously isnt. He is just a role player that should be the 8th guy off the bench on a good team.

Hey guys, quick question, if Cade is such a great defender how come we are supposedly so poor on defense? If Cade is the great lock down defender he has been exaggerated to be why isn't he going man on the opposing teams best scorer and shutting him down?

We all know why ... because he is not some great defender. He is just a junior who anticipates a little better for some cheap steals. He is shutting nobody down.
And I've said it before, just b/c the guy can test well off the court, doesn't mean those skills translate well on the basketball court.

I don't care if Cade can outrun WW in the mile. On the court, where it counts, WW is twice as quick/fast, especially with the ball. That is what matters. Fine, Cade can dunk. Big deal. A wideopen layup, and a wideopen dunk are both worth two points. Unreal what some people will try to spin. Cade isn't very good, very often, on the court. He plays hard. He gets the most out of his skill leve most of the time. But like bigabd said, he should be the 8th or 9th player on a good team. Instead he is starting.

I don't think he'd start at OSU. He can't play point guard. And Page would start over him for sure at the 2.

I totally agree. As I said, Cade isn't the reason this team is struggling. The fact he has to start is the problem. He's starting because other guys haven't stepped up. Cade should be a 2nd perimeter player off the bench type of guy on a good team. He's a starter on a below average Big 12 team.
His heart and desire is great. He's a glue guy.

Cade is not a D1 basketball player. He's a good athlete, but he is not a gamer ok the offensive end. He gets more open looks then anyone else, but he can't hit them. If he is starting that means that our team is really bad.

A bunch of bad quotes. We all say things not accurate all the time and I would like to see the bigger, better, people on this board to admit they were wrong.

Back