Cade Davis = Worst Shooter on the team.

Re: Cade Davis is shooting 33.7% from the field.

If some of our other players had half the heart that Cade Davis had, we wouldn't be nearly has unhappy with this team as we are now. He gives 110% every game. Some other players could watch him and learn a few things.

I totally agree. As I said, Cade isn't the reason this team is struggling. The fact he has to start is the problem. He's starting because other guys haven't stepped up. Cade should be a 2nd perimeter player off the bench type of guy on a good team. He's a starter on a below average Big 12 team.
His heart and desire is great. He's a glue guy.

I totally agree. As I said, Cade isn't the reason this team is struggling. The fact he has to start is the problem. He's starting because other guys haven't stepped up. Cade should be a 2nd perimeter player off the bench type of guy on a good team. He's a starter on a below average Big 12 team.
His heart and desire is great. He's a glue guy.

I'm of a different philosphy. I think there's room for a glue guy on every team. I believe glue guys can start. You're telling me AJ and Quannas aren't glue guys. They were just glue guys that played the pg. No one can tell me that David Godbold can't get into alot of programs across this country and work his way into a starting position. Morningstar and Reed at KU have been starters and would be starter at other places. Zaire Taylor's a glue guy. He's similar to Cade except a better defender. No one is saying he shouldn't start. Derek Roland, the list goes on. No one questions those guys starting ability.

It's funny around here because we question the guy that shows the effort of busting it. Someone mentioned that Cade showed a lack of interest defensively when he wasn't scoring over the last few games. Well that's been alot of his teammates throughout the year. That's what's contagious. Not the shooting, the poor attitude. But we continue to pour on this guy and celebrate a guy who shatters a backboard, but misses practice and walks off the court?

Cade should about #7 or #8 on a Big 12 roster.

I like what he brings to the table as a defender/glue guy but offensively, his temperment is that of a 20 pt scorer and he is not that type of offensive player.

He jacks up way too many shots early in possessions for my taste.

But this notion of other guys being more skilled or gifted is laughable and borderline racist. Cade has proven he's one of the fastest, strongest, and physically complete players on the team. To act as if these other guys have something better going for them than he does is a joke.

Racist? Where does that come from. The dude has shot under 40% every season and is sitting at 33% now. When has he proven all this greatness you speak of? All he has proven in 3 years is that he can't shoot and by the end of every year he is riding the pine where he belongs. This year will be no different.

Cade is not a D1 basketball player. He's a good athlete, but he is not a gamer ok the offensive end. He gets more open looks then anyone else, but he can't hit them. If he is starting that means that our team is really bad.

Cade is not a D1 basketball player.

Definitely a D1 player, maybe not a starter for a BCS conference team, but a worthy talent of some playing time.

As mentioned earlier, the problem with this team is that Cade HAS to start, not his ability. IMO, it's a combination of players with more talent not taking control of the situation and Capel not plugging in the correct pieces through recruiting.

This team's struggles have nothing to do with Cade Davis.

Racist? Where does that come from. The dude has shot under 40% every season and is sitting at 33% now. When has he proven all this greatness you speak of? All he has proven in 3 years is that he can't shoot and by the end of every year he is riding the pine where he belongs. This year will be no different.

To lllustrate Cade davis as our problem when we've got guys skipping practice, guys not giving effort to take his pt, and a bunch of me first guys who are uninterested when the ball isnt coming their way is ridiculous.

I am shocked by how quickly fans changes there mind on a player. He scores 25 and wins us the game, he's a great player, shuts down a guy averaging 20+ he's a great player. a few games later, he's not D1 caliber.

I am shocked by how quickly fans changes there mind on a player. He scores 25 and wins us the game, he's a great player, shuts down a guy averaging 20+ he's a great player. a few games later, he's not D1 caliber.

This!
Lets throw a true Sooner under the bus who wants to be here and gives 110% when most of the team is barely giving 50%! Ya that's what I'd do. Watching Willie sit back in the zone and not even run out on guys shooting jumpers is more of a concern than anything Cade has done.

Cade there are guys who appreciate what you are doing here, don't let the few get you down! :cade

Last edited:
I find it interesting that there is general agreement on the tenet that defense wins championships. Yet, these same people want Cade Davis, who puts out a good effort on defense, off the team, while they think that Willie Warren, who couldn't spell defense if you spotted him the defens, is a lottery pick.

I find it interesting that there is general agreement on the tenet that defense wins championships. Yet, these same people want Cade Davis, who puts out a good effort on defense, off the team, while they think that Willie Warren, who couldn't spell defense if you spotted him the defens, is a lottery pick.

And where would head scratching be if not for opinion entitlement?

This is a really stupid thread.

Cade's 0-3 against Gonzaga was the least of our worries, and his play this season is hardly the reason for the 5 losses. Our transition defense and lack of effort as a team are obviously our two main problems and Cade hasn't contributed to either of those.

I didn't say racist, why did you say that?

You said you would shut up if someone showed a 33% shooter. Well. Bye!

Maybe I missed it. The only other shooter I have seen mentioned is Clemente of Kansas State. While he is shooting a poor 38.4% that is still 5% better than Cade Davis.

So I guess Cade is not just the worst shooter on OU but the worst shooter of anybody starting on any Big XII team. And people wonder why we have 5 losses. You're only as strong as your weakest link and that is one heck of a weak link.

Well I guess we suck then cuz WW refuses to play transition D or any D for that matter. Thats a weak arse link.

Maybe I missed it. The only other shooter I have seen mentioned is Clemente of Kansas State. While he is shooting a poor 38.4% that is still 5% better than Cade Davis.

So I guess Cade is not just the worst shooter on OU but the worst shooter of anybody starting on any Big XII team. And people wonder why we have 5 losses. You're only as strong as your weakest link and that is one heck of a weak link.

Sorry Davis is NOT our weak link, not even close. Please stop with your obsession with bashing everything that is Cade Davis, it has gotten old and you are just repeating yourself over and over.

I don't think Cade is the worst shooter on the team, but he is rather close. The best measure of a shooter is True Shooting %, calculated as Pts/(2*(FGA + .44*FTA))

Here are the players who have played a few minutes:
Code:
Player			True Shooting %
Gallon, Tiny		65%
Pledger, Steven		63%
Crocker, Tony		61%
Warren, Willie		59%
Allen, Orlando		58%
Wright, Ryan		57%
Fitzgerald, Andrew	57%
Willis, Ray		54%
Davis, Cade		52%
Mason-Griffin, Tommy	52%

But that doesn't measure their actual contribution! That just tells you how efficient they are at shooting; some players take a lot of shots which skews the TS% down; some take few which skews it up. Anyway, statistical plus/minus at least gives us a look at who is playing the best overall:

Code:
Player			Statistical Plus/Minus
Crocker, Tony		6.3
Gallon, Tiny		4.9
Davis, Cade		4.4
Warren, Willie		2.4
Pledger, Steven		1.4
Mason-Griffin, Tommy	-0.7
Wright, Ryan		-2.1
Hardrick, Kyle		-3.6
Fitzgerald, Andrew	-5.5
Allen, Orlando		-8.2
Willis, Ray		-10.9

A 4.4 in SPM is indicative of a starter or at least 6th man on just about ANY NCAA team. I'll put it this way: here are the number of players that each of these teams had with higher than 4.4 SPM last year:
North Carolina: 4
Connecticut: 5
Memphis: 5
Pitt: 5
Louisville: 5
Missouri: 6
Duke: 5
Mich. St.: 5
Oklahoma: 5 (but one of them WAS Cade, at 5.16).

So it looks like Cade would have been the sixth man on MOST of the top NCAA teams last year! To say he shouldn't be playing at a school like OU is rather misguided.

Great post!

Back