Can Buddy Hield be the next Klay Thompson?

Thompson is a terrible comparison. He's much bigger and more athletic.

J.J. Redick is the comparison to Hield. Both are not the most athletic guys, but through sheer will power and effort crafted their games to be elite shooters and among the best players in CBB.

He doesnt have near the handles or finishing ability of d wade. And D wade isn't close to the shooter that buddy is. Pretty poor comparison imo

He doesnt have near the handles or finishing ability of d wade. And D wade isn't close to the shooter that buddy is. Pretty poor comparison imo

so you have anyone to compare him to? or just hate?

Tim Hardaway Jr. is my comparison. I used to say Wesley Matthews, but Matthews is much bigger than Hield.

Comparing him to Thompson or Wade is unrealistic to me. I hope he is that good, but I just don't see it. That being said I do believe he will have a successful NBA career.

Maybe a Kevin Martin comparison. Not sure he'll avg 17 pts a game, unless he gets on a bad team and is allowed to let it fly for 30mins

I'd say neither Reddick or Thompson are very comparable because Buddy despite losing the ball a time or two can slash and get to the rim. He's just a very efficient outside shooter so he doesn't need to drive that often. Look at the points in the paint against WVU and the free throws he shot from getting to the basket.

Comparing a guy like Buddy to tried and true NBA vets is pretty tough to do. But I'll throw in a name...Harden? Has that awesome euro step. We'll hopefully see how efficient Buddy is in the Pros. I hope he hits Thompson numbers and still gets to the hoop like Harden.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Martin and Thompson are 6'7", Buddy is 6'3". Those are not going to be good comparisons for that reason alone. Those guys can guard more positions (although Martin doesn't put any effort into defense), and can get their shot off more easily than Buddy will be able to.

Again, Redick is the guy. He's been a long time starter and very valuable NBA player, and that's what we should expect out of Buddy.

Martin and Thompson are 6'7", Buddy is 6'3". Those are not going to be good comparisons for that reason alone. Those guys can guard more positions (although Martin doesn't put any effort into defense), and can get their shot off more easily than Buddy will be able to.

Again, Redick is the guy. He's been a long time starter and very valuable NBA player, and that's what we should expect out of Buddy.

So someones height disqualifies comparisons. Gotcha

I think reddick and Buddy comparison isnt great. JJ had to work his tail off to last once he got in the NBA. It wasnt for a few years before he become a solid NBA player. I think Buddy is a solid NBA much quicker.

So someones height disqualifies comparisons. Gotcha

It does if that height helps them do some of the things they do. I think height helps Thompson a lot.

The Thompson and Wade comparisons are bad. Reddick isn't bad. I don't think Buddy will drive much in the NBA, b/c I don't think he has the handles. But he will be able to finish better than a Reddick on the break.

It does if that height helps them do some of the things they do. I think height helps Thompson a lot.

The Thompson and Wade comparisons are bad. Reddick isn't bad. I don't think Buddy will drive much in the NBA, b/c I don't think he has the handles. But he will be able to finish better than a Reddick on the break.
At least the paint in the NBA isn't so crowded with the defensive 3 second rule. Defense in the NBA for the most part is way better than college obviously but the packing the paint type zone defenses generally don't happen. Makes it a little easier to drive to the hoop.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Redick with better athleticism and handles.

so you have anyone to compare him to? or just hate?

how is that hate?

I simply didn't agree with the comparison. I suppose you would agree if I compared him to lebron james? B/c if you didn't agree it would be considered hate?

I think reddick and Buddy comparison isnt great. JJ had to work his tail off to last once he got in the NBA. It wasnt for a few years before he become a solid NBA player. I think Buddy is a solid NBA much quicker.

why so hateful?

Reddick is much more athletic than he gets credit for. His senior season was very similar to Buddy's.

I see buddy in a similar mold as anthony morrow. very quick release but neither are/will be great driving the ball. Buddy will be a better defender, much better.

Back