Can you dunk?

thebigabd

Reaction score
I wonder how many on the board can dunk?

As for me, no. I used to be able to touch the rim. :)

Yes, last week for the first time in a few years.

Better than sex.

I hurt my ankle pretty bad my senior year of high school and lost a little bit. Im 6 foot and used to be able to dunk somewhat easily, I played pickup 2 weeks ago and on 3 tries one came up like Patillo last night.

Yes. Still can. Much harder now than it was 4-5 years ago. I'm 6' 4", though with a 6' 7" wingspan, so it's almost like cheating. Used to be able to touch the top of the box. Now can barely squeak in a baby dunk.

So close yet so far, I can get the rim fairly easily but I can not control it enough to finish.

No, not quite. Maybe if I actually worked out one of these years... I never have consistently.

No, not quite. Maybe if I actually worked out one of these years... I never have consistently.

When I saw that you responded to this thread, I half expected it to be a statistical analysis related to the general populations ability to dunk a basketball. :)

Love your posts!

Last edited:
When saw that you responded to this thread, I half expected it to be a statistical analysis related to the general populations ability to dunk a basketball. :)

Love your posts!

Exactly what I thought....

So are you guys not getting up high enough because of your hops or height?

Exactly what I thought....

So are you guys not getting up high enough because of your hops or height?

I am 5'10'', and used to be able to get to the rim.

However, I am about 15 pounds overweight right now and not in very good shape. I don't know that I could get up and dunk even if I worked really hard to get my body ready. I just think I don't have the hops.

Maybe there is something I can do to increase my vertical leap by a few inches?

I am 5'10'', and used to be able to get to the rim.

However, I am about 15 pounds overweight right now and not in very good shape. I don't know that I could get up and dunk even if I worked really hard to get my body ready. I just think I don't have the hops.

Maybe there is something I can do to increase my vertical leap by a few inches?

Almost every kid on the AAU team I was on used Strength sneakers, gained a couple inches from it.

Squatting I hear also helps a lot if done dynamically.

Last edited:
Back