Capel didn't get the memo he has no chance for Barnes

Sooner23

Reaction score
Capel doin work.........

http://twitter.com/jeffcapel

6am, it's freezing and snow flurries. I'm watching a kid wkout outside on a track. Running 100's. Man does he want to be GREAT!!! Inspiring

No one else out there. It wasn't mandatory. Just a kid and his dream. Was so beautiful to see. Running 100's in snow flurries.

When's the last time you were inspired? Me....at 6 this morning!!!

Words that define Jeff Capel as a person, player and coach: honest, hard-working, intelligent, articulate, determined, loves a challenge, great communicator and blessed with outstanding people skills.

That's a formula for success in most any field. But very few coaches I can think of possess all of those characteristics, as well as a few others I may not have thought of. Feel free to add to my list if you like.

This is great stuff. I love kids that work hard. This is what coaches love having in their program. I need some of these guys at my High School, I love coaching gym rats!

LOL @ Coach and being inspired...I'm starting to get a good feeling about this kid coming to OU. Only thing I do not like is that now other coach's will start showing up @ 6:00 am as well.

OU has to be the favorite for this kid.

The funny thing is that no one really knows. I mean, you have all these UNC, Duke, and gawk fans that all claim that they know where Harrison is leaning, when in reality, he has been extremely tight lipped throughout the process. He is a lot like Blake in that he doesn't do things the same way as a lot of the other big name guys. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

The funny thing is that no one really knows. I mean, you have all these UNC, Duke, and gawk fans that all claim that they know where Harrison is leaning, when in reality, he has been extremely tight lipped throughout the process. He is a lot like Blake in that he doesn't do things the same way as a lot of the other big name guys. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

Exactly....anyone can speculate but until the kid makes his announcement it is all just conjecture.

Is Capel there for his in home visit or did he just 'drop by' Ames to watch the kid work out? (Is it possible to drop by Ames without going way out of your way?)

Well I'm starting to drink the Harrison Barnes kool-aid now.

I was once hoping for TJ Taylor, Cameron Clark, someone else, and two juco guys... Getting a guy like Cameron Clark would change my belief system. :)

DM, how did you know he was speaking about Harrison and how do you know he was in Ames?

Is Capel there for his in home visit or did he just 'drop by' Ames to watch the kid work out? (Is it possible to drop by Ames without going way out of your way?)

I'm probably wrong, but I think it's a dead period so he's just dropping in to watch. Gotta make a pretty big impression on a kid to have a coach there all by himself sitting in the stands watching you run on a track at 6 a.m.

I still think Barnes goes elsewhere, but that's an incredible look into how hard of a worker our coach is. Just when you think you can't be more impressed with Capel, he steps his game up. And I'm usually a glass-half-empty type and the last to drink the Kool-Aid.

None of the other guys on the list would be there, hell....wouldn't shock me if Capel got there early and did a few sprints himself.

How to sell Barnes:

1. Plenty of talent around you;

2. Play in an NBA City;

3. Stay 2 years and in second year be the face of the program [ala. BG, WW and hope fully Tiny]

4. Win a championship.

5. Play for a guy that will be out there with you at 6:00 a.m.

Back