Capel kicks team out of locker room >>> The Oklahoman

It's working.....attitude wise anyway! Lets hope that translates to the court. Love the move by Capel!

Corny & immature on Capels part.

Had to do something and I liked it. Definitely not immature, they aren't playing like a team so why have a team locker room. Sampson and many other coaches have done it before.

He is fed up with this immature team. Hopefully they will get a clue.

It's working.....attitude wise anyway! Lets hope that translates to the court. Love the move by Capel!

I do too.

The players realize that it's their fault:

"A lot tougher,” Warren said of Capel’s treatment this year versus last year. "But we deserve it.”

I love this:

"He’s taken the locker room away from us because we’re not playing like an Oklahoma team, so we don’t deserve to be in the Oklahoma locker room,” said sophomore guard Willie Warren.

During practice, players can’t wear any Oklahoma gear. Capel is no exception.

"If we could not wear it in games, I wouldn’t wear it in games,” Capel said.

The head coach of our high school team did the same thing (I was an assistant coach).

Each player had to come in and explain why he should get his team practice stuff back. It was interesting what kids say.

Some are really profound in their comments, others don't get it.

It was effective for our team, i hope it works for the Sooners.

So I wonder where they will be before the game and at halftime tonight? The parking lot? biously not an issue at Baylor becuase it is the visitors lockerroom.

Back