Capel tired of trying to figure Willie out?

Gutter

Reaction score
Coach seems to have a lot of the same questions about Willie as many fans here.

From Tulsa World story:

Back to specifics, OU guard Willie Warren finished with two baskets, one rebound, four points and five turnovers. He spent 14 minutes on the bench, several of them with his back glued to his seat in either frustration or disinterest.

What was going on there?

“You have to ask him,” Capel directed. “I’m tired of trying to figure him out.”

Wow is right. When Coach is saying something like that about a guy we're counting on to lead this team, it is definitely not good. I really looked forward to watching Willie this year, and he was one of my favorite players last year. Really, really, really hope Willie gets this figured out.

But I thought everything was fine?

Some of us saw this a few games into the season. I'm still hoping Willie gets his act together, and if not, that he hits the road. OU basketball isn't built on "that" kind of leadership.

It's not hard to figure out Willie right now. He is putting out no effort. Thats all there is too it.

I think that WW was reading all the stuff written about him and has let it go to his head. Trust me, Capel will bring him back to earth or WW will be on the bench. The other thing is that WW is costing himself a lot of money, no NBA team wants a guy with a attitude that WW is displaying, I say that and then you look at the big babies in the NBA.

If things don't change it would not surprise me to see WW come back next year for a better year or just walk off this year.

Merry Christmas

Numerous times today, Willie let his guy shoot open shots. What do you if you are Coach Capel, bench him?

I read here a few weeks ago that WW has been kicked out of practice for attitude more than once this year. I never read any more about it since and hoped it it was an unfounded rumor. Starting to wonder now...

What a waste if he doesn't grow up soon!

The other thing is that WW is costing himself a lot of money.

there's still a long time to go, but as of today, warren cost himself a lot of money by coming back for his soph. year.

I didn't read anywhere that Coach is giving up on him. So, just let the season play out. It's obvious that the kid needs to find himself and do it quickly. We all know what he can do if he'll play hard. I'm just not ready to give up on the kid yet. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Coach seems to have a lot of the same questions about Willie as many fans here.

From Tulsa World story:

Back to specifics, OU guard Willie Warren finished with two baskets, one rebound, four points and five turnovers. He spent 14 minutes on the bench, several of them with his back glued to his seat in either frustration or disinterest.

What was going on there?

“You have to ask him,” Capel directed. “I’m tired of trying to figure him out.”
I don't have anything to add.

Bench him ! If that doesn't work WW will never play in the NBA. He has to learn to give 100% every game.

He'll never play in the NBA. Says who? Tell that to all the people around the nation that have him in their mock drafts. Willie just needs to play with better effort. As I said before, I'm still glad he's on our team. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

hahah he did pretty much win our last game, you know. Yea, he was terrible today, and a performance like that will bite us later this year. But give it up to the duo that played excellent today (besides the missed FTs).

Last edited by a moderator:
hahah he did pretty much win our last game, you know. Yea, he was terrible today, and a performance like that will bite us in the ass later this year. But give it up to the duo that played excellent today (besides the missed FTs).

I couldn't care less about his poor performance. His poor attitude is the issue and the real problem here.

Back