Capel tired of trying to figure Willie out?

"WW = Locker Room Cancer"

"Kid is a headcase sorry but it is what it is"

Some of you need to be careful what you say about some 20 year olds on a public web-board.

We all expect more from Willie. But this kind of personal stuff is VERY unbecoming of our forum, in my opinion.

Let's be more constructive in our comments (like most of them have been) and not resort to these types of character call-outs.

It was obvious who the leaders were last year. They led by example. The example WW put out there isn't one that champions want to emulate.

You never saw Blake and Taylor take plays off. It's called playing for the name on the front of the jersey instead of the name on the back.

"WW = Locker Room Cancer"

"Kid is a headcase sorry but it is what it is"

Some of you need to be careful what you say about some 20 year olds on a public web-board.

We all expect more from Willie. But this kind of personal stuff is VERY unbecoming of our forum, in my opinion.

Let's be more constructive in our comments (like most of them have been) and not resort to these types of character call-outs.

Sorry but he's away his future.. He needs an attitude change quickly and if someone gets upset over Internet posts now then their not ready for the NBA

Last edited by a moderator:
It was obvious who the leaders were last year. They led by example. The example WW put out there isn't one that champions want to emulate.

You never saw Blake and Taylor take plays off. It's called playing for the name on the front of the jersey instead of the name on the back.

This is BS. The people on here criticizing WW criticized Blake just the same. They called him immature. Said he needed to stop whining about every call. etc. It's nothing new around here. The peanut gallery is always taking shots at people 100 times more talented and successful than themselves.

As usual WW will put up a couple monster games and they will disappear until the next win where he doesn't "impress them".

Some nights your shot doesn't fall... it's basketball

The one thing you can control, every single time you play, is how much effort and heart you put into defense.

WW didn't look interested at all in doing the little things and playing defense today. You cannot defend that. He is supposed to be the best player on the team and he hasn't been playing hard, period.

I am tired of trying to figure some of the posters out. Really, it's quite pathetic and dumb!

It's not hard to figure WW out. He gets frustrated EASY! It's not an attitude but a psychological issue. When he gets frustrated, he forces things which often turn into bad plays. He just needs to learn how to calm himself down, relax, and not let his emotion gets in the way of playing good solid basketball. I truely believe he will resolve his issues quickly and become the leader that the team can count on.

Re: If I am coach WW sets Monday.

This may have already been mentioned but did anyone notice in the 2nd half that WW was acting like he was out of it and he walked to the sidelines and walked off the floor to the bench. Meanwhile the other 4 are playing four on five. He had his eyes closed and his hand on his head. We finally scored or something and the refs stopped it and Capel got a sub for him. The team dr game over and looked to a guy (he was assisting the team dr throughout the game) that was sitting in the front row right behind the bench and mouthed "concussion". They both checked WW out and a few minutes later he went back in so obviously he didn't have a concussion. I never saw him get hit. This just furthers adds to the legend that is WW. Is he now faking injuries to get out of the game? Who knows!

Well I'm not sure whether he was faking or not, only WW knows that, but he was complaining of headaches during the game.

He'll never play in the NBA. Says who? Tell that to all the people around the nation that have him in their mock drafts. Willie just needs to play with better effort. As I said before, I'm still glad he's on our team. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Yea all those guys who have him in their mock draft who have never seen him play a game or been to practice, you mean those guys?

This is BS. The people on here criticizing WW criticized Blake just the same. They called him immature. Said he needed to stop whining about every call. etc."

Big difference in doing that as a frosh that was getting beat up inside, vs doing that as a soph guard.

I don't know if it includes today but OU's site says he is averaging 18 a game, 5 assists a game and 3 rebounds a game. What is wrong with his play?

There is more to how somebody is playing than a bunch of stats, and stats don't always tell the entire story. Especially 11 games into a season.

Re: If I am coach WW sets Monday.

Well I'm not sure whether he was faking or not, only WW knows that, but he was complaining of headaches during the game.

I think it was the article from the DOK that said he had a bloody nose at one point, so that could have been it.

Last edited:
I am tired of trying to figure some of the posters out. Really, it's quite pathetic and dumb!

It's not hard to figure WW out. He gets frustrated EASY! It's not an attitude but a psychological issue.
lol It's caused by being immature. Willie needs to grow up and stop acting like a big baby when things are not going his way.

It's not hard to figure WW out. He gets frustrated EASY! It's not an attitude but a psychological issue. When he gets frustrated, he forces things which often turn into bad plays. He just needs to learn how to calm himself down, relax, and not let his emotion gets in the way of playing good solid basketball. I truely believe he will resolve his issues quickly and become the leader that the team can count on.

You can call it whatever you want. It is still a problem. And everyone on this board wants WW to deal with it. WW is a great player and is going to have some great games for the Sooner's. But he is not very consistent. The psychological problem is the reason for his inconsistency. I hope you are right in your last sentence.

Guys....move along....nothing to see here. I'm sure Capel and Willie got together last night, popped in the new Jay-Z CD and worked out their differences. All is well. :)

Guys....move along....nothing to see here. I'm sure Capel and Willie got together last night, popped in the new Jay-Z CD and worked out their differences. All is well. :)

you are probably right about that

I don't know if it includes today but OU's site says he is averaging 18 a game, 5 assists a game and 3 rebounds a game. What is wrong with his play? Is he supposed to average 25, 10 and 6?

I didn't see today's game other than the last 5 minutes but I am pretty sure a bunch of spoiled ungrateful fans would negatively impact my attitude at times. He is a great player in a bit of a shooting slump. He is not going to shoot 25% from 3 on the year. He will finish the season above 30% which means he is going to shoot 36-40% in Big XII play. People need to relax and get a life besides bashing one of the best players in the history of OU basketball.

To call WW one of the best players in the history of OU basketball is a ridiculous joke and insult to all the elite players who gave their heart and soul to this program! His lack of effort and defensive intensity is bewildering. I am not suggesting he lacks the ability to be one of our better players, but I don't recall MEN like Najera, Hollis Price, Mookie, the Griffin brothers, etc... not hustling back on D after missed shots. I am angered every time he misses a deep 3, then hangs his head instead of hustling back to the other end! Tony Crocker and Cade Davis might not have half of Willie's ability. but they more than compensate for it with effort and intensity. If WW played with their heart, he might actually become the great player that was expected. I hope he pulls it together, because I don't think OU can be the team everyone hoped for without him. BOOMER SOONER!!

There is more to how somebody is playing than a bunch of stats, and stats don't always tell the entire story. Especially 11 games into a season.

There is also more to how someone is playing than one game. Against Utah he won the game. He may not be performing like Blake Griffin did but he is doing a good job. Perhaps OU fans should allow the coaches to provide the criticism and instead focus on the job of a fan which is to be supportive.

To call WW one of the best players in the history of OU basketball is a ridiculous joke and insult to all the elite players who gave their heart and soul to this program! His lack of effort and defensive intensity is bewildering. I am not suggesting he lacks the ability to be one of our better players, but I don't recall MEN like Najera, Hollis Price, Mookie, the Griffin brothers, etc... not hustling back on D after missed shots. I am angered every time he misses a deep 3, then hangs his head instead of hustling back to the other end! Tony Crocker and Cade Davis might not have half of Willie's ability. but they more than compensate for it with effort and intensity. If WW played with their heart, he might actually become the great player that was expected. I hope he pulls it together, because I don't think OU can be the team everyone hoped for without him. BOOMER SOONER!!

Even if every guy you mentioned in better than Willie Warren, that still makes him one of the best players in the history of OU basketball. It is just a true statement. He may not be one of the hardest working but he is clearly one of the best.

Back