Capel, Tubbs and Sampson

I am not liking where this thread is heading. Get back on subject and leave the personal stuff out or I will close it.

-Greg

This thread is really becoming weak. That being said I think missing the tourney this year AND next would be unacceptable and I would start to ask some hard questions. I don't think that's going to be an issue, though.

The only way I see that happening (missing both years) is if there is a big transfer/leave early movement. I would be incredibly disappointed if OU misses the tourney two years in a row.

What level has he not earned yet?
Is this year a step back and it is upsetting but didn't his team just go to the elite eight in only his third season as a coach?

Did your support level for Sampson change after his first Sweet Sixteen appearance and change again after the final four trip or what?

I personally wasn't a big Sampson fan for various reasons, however there rarely was a time that his players didn't leave everything they had on the floor. That imo is a reflection upon the coach. Therefore when it appears that a team is not leaving everything on the floor, that also is a reflection upon the coach.

It is possible that I place to much emphasis on the coach as it is also important that the team have players that have been in the program that set the proper example. There are no Blake, Taylor, Eduardo, Hollis etc. on this team and they are paying because of it.

The only way I see that happening (missing both years) is if there is a big transfer/leave early movement. I would be incredibly disappointed if OU misses the tourney two years in a row.

Same here. Honestly I think Willie is going to discover that he has no choice but to come back next year and that is going to leave us with 3 flat out studs in our starting lineup (WW, TMG, TG). Cade can be the glue guy, which means we just need to find another post and develop a more productive bench. Oh and hopefully CC can produce about on the level that TMG and Tiny have this year. I expect TMG and Tiny to do nothing but continue to get better as the season progresses.

I personally wasn't a big Sampson fan for various reasons, however there rarely was a time that his players didn't leave everything they had on the floor. That imo is a reflection upon the coach. Therefore when it appears that a team is not leaving everything on the floor, that also is a reflection upon the coach.

It is possible that I place to much emphasis on the coach as it is also important that the team have players that have been in the program that set the proper example. There are no Blake, Taylor, Eduardo, Hollis etc. on this team and they are paying because of it.

The one 4 year senior on this team (Crocker) is supposedly not the vocal type...this team needs that like you mentioned. It appears from watching the games that Warren has finally started being the vocal leader during the games a bit. At least it seems like he is trying. Have to start someplace.

Same here. Honestly I think Willie is going to discover that he has no choice but to come back next year and that is going to leave us with 3 flat out studs in our starting lineup (WW, TMG, TG). Cade can be the glue guy, which means we just need to find another post and develop a more productive bench. Oh and hopefully CC can produce about on the level that TMG and Tiny have this year. I expect TMG and Tiny to do nothing but continue to get better as the season progresses.

If WW, TMG, and TG all come back, barring injuries, I would be disappointed if OU didn't make at least the Sweet 16.

OU will make the dance next season. If they don't, then I think some of TU's thoughts may actually have some merit.

I would like to see more of the fight from this year's team that I have seen during the past two weeks.

Crock and Cade lead by example, but you're right this team does not have a vocal leader whatsoever.

And I wasn't counting Ryan Wright as a 4 year senior because he hasn't been at OU for 4 years....but if you want to include him, fine. He also doesn't seem to be a "leader"

Crock and Cade lead by example, but you're right this team does not have a vocal leader whatsoever.

And there is nothing wrong with leading by example, but some times guys need a leader on the team (not a coach) to get in their face to set them straight on their play

And I wasn't counting Ryan Wright as a 4 year senior because he hasn't been at OU for 4 years....but if you want to include him, fine. He also doesn't seem to be a "leader"
Beau Gerber has been here 4 years ;)

Cade and TC are pretty vocal leaders and since the Bedlam game WW has started becoming more vocal. Coach did some things along with the lockout and it looks to be paying off. The team is more cohesive than I have seen them all year.

Yea Coach Capel is really in panic mode. It's interesting reading posts from people who think they no so much, yet know so little. Here we go with the old message board entitlement issue again. Please grow up sir. Your sense of entitlement is unrealistic. By the way, I'm glad our AD doesn't feel the same way you do. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Back