Capel was just on the radio (Animal) Notes

I am just shocked that we talked about this within the last 2 weeks and you still got it wrong. SMH

I am shocked you cant even remember what we talked about. We talked about Tubbs having a losing season in conference in 94 not his first season that was a losing season overall but showed promise of things to come the next season.

I am shocked you cant even remember what we talked about. We talked about Tubbs having a losing season in conference in 94 not his first season that was a losing season overall but showed promise of things to come the next season.

Yes, but I said that Tubbs had a losing season his first season and then you changed it to losing conference.

Jesus Christ are you two going to do this in every thread on this site until the end of time?

I also don't think we have an Administration that cares much about putting out a winner.
Bingo! OU basketball is dead. If they win one conference game this year it will be a miracle.

Now he is in the process of shifting to another system. Where you focus on 4 year players with a chip on their shoulder. You will NEVER EVER win a title with this system but you will win 20+ games and make the tourney all the time. That is the system that is easily attained at OU and he will attain. Give the guy time to shift his strategy.

Thank you. Road map my @$$. lol

...Sure, OU played 3 good teams away from home, but what is the overall schedule strength? It's in the lower third of all basketball teams. Candy coat it all you want, it's a bad schedule.

I might be wrong and I am not trying to defend the schedule, but during the nonconference part of the season don't all the "sisters of the poor" have the stronger strength of schedule because of all the pay for play games?

Kentucky is obviously a Very tough team.
Virginia not so tough...
Playing Virginia in the Maui tourney on the 2nd night...Very tough
Chaminade sucks
Playing Chaminade in the Maui tourney on the 3rd straight night...tough
at Ark tough
at Zona very tough
Playing an undefeated Cincy team...Very Tough.

As for the other schools...Theres not one BCS school that doesn't load up their schedules against these type of teams.

The problem with this is that Virginia just got done playing a good Washington team the day before and Chaminade also was in day three of the tournament. Cincinnati is a question mark in my book, but I think it's likely then end up an NIT team. In what other year would we call an NIT team in OKC a very tough game?

If we were a tournament-level team, say 40th or so, you'd expect to have maybe two to three losses against that schedule.

I might be wrong and I am not trying to defend the schedule, but during the nonconference part of the season don't all the "sisters of the poor" have the stronger strength of schedule because of all the pay for play games?

This is true. The relevant comparison would be where our schedule ranks compared to teams in BCS conferences.

Back