Capel watching Seward CC @ Pratt CC

Reaction score
My buddy told me he saw Capel at this game tonight. I haven't followed Juco recruiting at all. Who is he watching?

You sure it's not Seward's guard Tony Smith?

I'm not sure of anything. But we need a shot blocker and rebounder over a scorer next year. This Baldwin guy puts up good rebounding totals. He's averaging 11rbs a game and he's averaging 14pts as well. Not a bad ppg total for a post player in junior college since juco is based around guard play.

Last edited:
I'm not sure of anything. But we need a shot blocker and rebounder over a scorer next year. This Baldwin guy puts up good rebounding totals. He's averaging 11rbs a game and he's averaging 14pts as well. Not a bad pg total for a post player in junior college since juco is based around guard play.

I thought he was there looking at a post too, but the Pratt folk say he is looking at a guard for Seward

He's from Brisbane, Australia, huh?

We really need a guy that can come in and give about 20 minutes, block shots and clean up on the boards during that time. If he gets a tip in dunk or goes to the line a few times for some points then it's all gravy.

We really need a guy that can come in and give about 20 minutes, block shots and clean up on the boards during that time. If he gets a tip in dunk or goes to the line a few times for some points then it's all gravy.

We need more than that, but yes, we have to have at least that.

If that makes sense.

CM,

I will certainly look into it for you. Smart money says that it is to see Tony Smith, as I have heard from JUCO recruiting guy that Oklahoma has shown some interest in the past. The other two 2010 guys could be Latiq Agard and/or Illiwa Baldwin.

I have not seen any of them play at this point, but have heard some good info regarding Smith.

Profiles:

Tony Smith, 6-4, 185, Seward County CC, 2010, SF

Latiq Agard, 6-5, 210, Seward County CC, 2010, SF

Illiwa Baldwin, 6-11, 275, Pratt CC, 2010, C

ILLIWA.jpg

GParker - Thank you sir

My buddy at the game is impressed with Smith. Says he can shoot it and is very long. Looks very smooth. I am guessing he can plays the 2?

Last edited:
No thanks on the 6-11, 275 pound kid. We need to get bigger and more athletic inside, not bigger, heavier and slower.

Here's what Scout.com said about Smith after watching him last weekend.....

Tony Smith, SG/PG, Seward County- Based on what we saw during the Jayhawk Shootout, the 6-foot-4 combo guard from Greenville, N.C. gets our vote as best prospect at the event. A tall ball handler, he’s an exceptional passer who can also give you some scoring punch. Plays both ends and gets to the free throw line

Why can't he be looking at both? Seems as if you're going to make a recruiting trip, it would be smart to make it at a game with more than one prospect. That's how NBA scouts do it.

Gotta be the Seward kids. Pratt is normally weak.

Why can't he be looking at both? Seems as if you're going to make a recruiting trip, it would be smart to make it at a game with more than one prospect. That's how NBA scouts do it.

I'm sure he was checking out all three to some degree.

I have a player on the Seward womens team and she talked to Capel last night. He was there to see the Seward point guard. Seward Co. is a VERY good juco program and Pratt has a nice team this year.

Back