Clark and Harris update

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
End of August,” Torrel Harris, Tobias’ dad, wrote in a text.

Torrel added that the family was having a difficult time cutting down the list of more than a dozen schools and that new schools were still trying to get involved.

The 6-8 Harris out of Dix Hills (N.Y.) Half Hollow Hills West has a long list that includes Tennessee, UConn, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Maryland, Oklahoma, Georgia Tech, Rutgers, St. John’s, Virginia, Louisville and West Virginia.

“Memphis, Kentucky, Florida and UCLA are trying to get involved. We have not decided at this point to explore these schools,” Torrel said.

Last night I talked for a bit with Cameron Clark, who has really seen his stock rise over the spring and summer. Clark has turned that rise into many offers, including one from Kentucky, and still hasn’t quite made the effort to really narrow down his list. On Kentucky specifically, Clark said that he has noticed some of the coaches watching his games and added, “They’re high up there, I like Kentucky.” Of the schools making efforts to get Clark to commit, he said that one school has really been making a strong effort. “Coach Capel, OU.” Other schools that Clark has said are making strong pushes include Kentucky, Arkansas, Oklahoma State and Kansas. Clark plans on cutting the list down to five near the end of August and plans on taking all five official visits. Before that, he plans on taking two more unofficial visits, one to Arizona State and one to Kentucky, although the dates for those visits aren’t set.

Fab Melo, 2nd rated center in the country committed to Syracuse which may help us with Harris.

I would rather have Jones than Tobias. Terrence is my #2 player I want the most, and Clark is #1. Cam and TJ will both be great players.

Jones is a stud and probably has the most upside of all.

Jones is a stud and probably has the most upside of all.

OU is in a lot better shapen with Jones than many people realize. We have a chance to make even more progress after the top performer's camp on the 22nd.

I am glad that 'Cuse got Melo. Only fitting with his name! ;) But seriously, he will help them out a ton, and other than Perry Jones, was the hottest big man on the circuit this AAU season.

Back