Coach Cline

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
I don't think enough gets said about how good of a coach and recruiter this guy really has been for OU/Jeff Capel. Nearly every report that I read has the recruit raving about how cool Coach Cline is and what a great job he has done recruiting that player. He has done such a great job with guys like Longar, Nate Carter, and Taylor Griffin (did anyone think Taylor would be drafted at the start of this last season?). He also has a keen scouting eye that allows us to get in on guys before other programs.

I hope he stays around as long as Coach Capel does because he is a huge asset to this program.

Here's to you, Coach Mark Cline! :clap Keep it up!

1400989.jpeg

Completely agree. He has done a great job with the post man and I can tell you he does a great job recruiting the player, his family and the coaches.

I couldn't agree more! Mark Cline is one of the best assistants in the country, and OU is darned lucky to have him. Fact is, Coach Capel has put a top notch staff together, with Cline and OT at the top of that list.

Cline is the complete package as an assistant and a future head coach somewhere. He is very knowledeable about basketball, especially on the defensive end. I think recruiting is the biggest suprise about him. In a sport where African American assistants and these hybrid AAU coaches who get jobs have an upperhand on white asssistants, he holds his own and then some against these guys.

the_waterboy.jpg

Yup! Big ups to Mr. Coach Cline.

Coach Cline is a GREAT coach! He can recruit and he knows the game of basketball inside and out. He will be a head coach one day and when he is, he will be a great leader. I can't say enough good things about this guy. He's high class all the way.

Yeah, he's from Wake, coached with Capel's dad at NC A&T and ODU. He coached with Capel and VCU.

Back