Congradulations and Thanks

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Congrats ladies. You gave it all you had. It was appreciated.

Some thoughts:

1. Thought Jennie and the staff did a good job of getting the most out of this squad.

2. Thought the ladies fought to the buzzer in every game and that is about all you have a right to expect.

3. Appreciated the loyalty and sacrifices of the seniors, particularly Anna who overcame multiple injuries.

4. I like the core group coming back next year.

5. As for the game last night, it exposed our greatest weaknesses, that is our lack of quickness, speed and size in the post. When properly officiated, which I thought the game mostly was (there were a few missed calls of course), the game is supposed to be about quickness, speed and skill, and UCLA was better than us in those areas. That being said, if we hit a few shots coming down the stretch, we might just have won that game. That is a testament to this teams never say die character.

6. Also, some might complain about substitution patterns, but I really thought Jennie played the players that game her the best chance to defend UCLA and perhaps win the game. In the end, we just had too many unforced turnovers. Enjoyed watching the game.

And finally, like I said above, I like the core group coming back. 1 or 2 of the right portal adds I think we will be right back in the mix next year.

I don't think I ever expressed it out loud but my first wish for this year was for Ana to have a complete season with no injuries. I'm sure she's grateful for that!

I don't see how anyone could have gotten more out of this group of players. In spite of deficiencies in size and speed, they were co-champions of the Big XII!

We have a good group of players to build upon.

How long until Jennie's older daughter graduates from high school? She should be a pistol!

Absolutely. Our three seniors finished #2, #3, and #10 on OU's career scoring list. We will never have that much production on one team again. I would not have blamed any one of them for leaving at any point (particularly after a coaching change), and I will look fondly on their loyalty and resilience for years to come.

Yes. I will remember these women forever. Along with Stacy, D-Rob, Hook, Vivi, Hand and more.

This current team more because of 2 terrible years under SC where they, in my opinion, certainly must have been very unhappy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Jenny's substitution pattern is brilliant. How many times have you seen it this year- we race out to a lead in first quarter, and then sub 2 or 3 in, the other team catches up some, but in the fourth quarter we run away from them because they are tired and we aren't.

I agree completely. I am a season ticket holder and can say this was a very enjoyable season.

If anyone from the administration ever reads this board I hope they take note of this thread.

I am hopeful we will have another excellent season next year with possible improvement. In any case I expect improvement will continue over the long pull.

Someone on the RebKell Junky page posted this comment in the UConn/Baylor game thread:

I watched the postgame Okl presser and their coach impressed me. Talked about the game, complimented several players from both teams and not a whine in the entire Q&A.

Bet the Baylor coach made up for any lack of whine after the Bears were drubbed by U/Conn.

Back