Crock.

I don't weigh in often, and like some of the older posters on the board I remember the days of the old Homer's board..... I don't know the players, but I know the game through years of having refereed HS basketball.

I run hot and cold on Crocker. OU needs his experience and leadership on the court this year. I don't expect anyone to beat him out. He deserves all kind of credit for sticking to his commitment to OU through the transition. I'm happy to hear he does things the right way. He has represented OU well over 4 years.

He is quick and athletic. He can be a good on-ball defender although he could use a couple more biscuits in the britches..... and lift some more weights. I'm not wild about his help defense in a zone because he sometimes gets lost.

He does have some flaws in his offensive game. It's been mentioned about his streaky shooting, but that isn't the biggest flaw in his offensive game IMHO. I often feel uncomfortable with the ball in his hands .... and I don't think he is confident about it either. He dribbles into double teams and tends to panic when a trap is about to happen. He is only an average passer.... throws a lot of passes away. I think that is the where I'm looking to see if he has improved over the summer: ball handling, court awareness, and producing under pressure. I don't care or think he's going to be a 15 ppg player but can he settle the team down, play with confidence, and make everyone else play better by his presence on the court? We'll see. I'll have to see it to believe it.

What I love about TC is he wanted to be a SOONER.........no one wears the crimson with more pride then he does. I do not think he has developed to his top potential, but he will always be one of favorite players, for staying when everyone else left.

Great post! I always got love for Crocker for his performance against Baylor a few years ago in the LNC! The 3 + the foul was stuff of legend! Go get 'em Tony!

Back