Devion Harmon - Season Stats - Expectations

I think Eaton is a good comparison in size, body type and in the way he plays. I like the Corey Brewer comparison too.

Even if I thought De’Vion was more like Smart, I would not want to saddle the poor kid with anything remotely similar to “The Flopper.”

Eaton had cankles. Looks 30 lbs heavier, 2” shorter than Harmon

I may be crucified for this but think Marcus Smart but a better scorer and pure PG.

Personally, I could stand Marcus Smart!! As a b-ball fan..there are a few things I HATE and the top of the list is FLOPPING!! Smart was built like a LB and would flop like a little b!tch when someone half his size barely touches him!! To me, that's NO5 basketball!! He also was a HORRIBLE perimeter shooter, yet would launch them up regularly!!

My other HATED part of b-ball are certain charge calls that refs seem to call too often. Players will flop and try to get a cheap foul...luckily they didn't call a couple of those against OU...like WV was trying to sell.

I also HATE when a player who was bringing the ball down the court on a break, passes the ball to a teammate across court...but so we-bag slides over at the last second to try and draw the charge! At this point the ball isn't even close to them...yet some a-hole refs love to call it!! And the player wasn't even the one guarding him...he only has to slide over at last second to try and sell it!! I scream everytime!! 😁

Marcus Smart can guard 4, maybe 5 positions. In the NBA. I don't like the comparison overall. Could see some similarities on offense, though I think (hope) Harmon becomes a more efficient scorer than Smart. I do think Harmon will struggle shooting for a couple of years (or longer) though. Not his strong suit.

Marcus Smart can guard 4, maybe 5 positions. In the NBA. I don't like the comparison overall. Could see some similarities on offense, though I think (hope) Harmon becomes a more efficient scorer than Smart. I do think Harmon will struggle shooting for a couple of years (or longer) though. Not his strong suit.

I think 4-5 is a stretch. He can guard 3, maybe 4 against some small ball lineups. But if we consider Doolittle a 5 then I'm dead wrong here. However I don't like the Smart comparison either, I actually feel Harmon is a more complete player than Smart was in college.

Could he be a bit like Jordan Woodard?? Think he will get to the line a ton next year...

If you go by listed size, Jordan at 6’ O 190 and Harmon at 6’ 0 187 are very similar.

But, I always thought Jordan was closer to 5’ 10”. Harmon just looks bigger to me. Maybe that’s because he plays bigger. I never saw Jordan throw down a dunk with both hands. I think Jordan was a better shooter from three point range. That might change if De’Vion commits to several hundred shots from deep nearly every day the way Buddy used to do.

I think 4-5 is a stretch. He can guard 3, maybe 4 against some small ball lineups. But if we consider Doolittle a 5 then I'm dead wrong here. However I don't like the Smart comparison either, I actually feel Harmon is a more complete player than Smart was in college.

Might seem like a stretch in thought, but a) I've seen him do it in the NBA on a consistent basis, and b) it's something brought up nearly every Celtics' game by a variety of unbiased (ie, not Boston media) announcers.

I stand by my comment.

Expecting him to start from day 1. A true point guard and should be here all 4 yearsbit who knows in this era

Expecting him to start from day 1. A true point guard and should be here all 4 yearsbit who knows in this era

He averages almost as many turnovers as assists, in high school.

He will be better served as our "2 guard" next season and as long as he & Beinemy are here.

He will be better served as our "2 guard" next season and as long as he & Beinemy are here.

LK says he is a point guard. He's changed his mind in the past though.

No. Harmon is a legit PG. He should be the starting PG on opening day next season.

Like what I hear about Harmon. If he and Williams are as good as everyone says, where does JB fit into the lineup?

Like what I hear about Harmon. If he and Williams are as good as everyone says, where does JB fit into the lineup?

He’s in the rotation buy may or may or may not start. Harmon will be the starting PG. Austin Reaves is a great shooter, experienced, and was the best player in practices as he redshirted this year. I expect him to start. I don’t know who will emerge between Bienemy and Alondes Williams. Both will get plenty of playing time. Jalen Hill could get some wing minutes, too. JMHO

Great thing about players like him is it really doesn't matter because he can play either guard spot. He is a basketball player, pure and simple. Will play lead guard when Harmon isn't on the floor, can slide off the ball when Harmon is playing. It kills us this year to not have a second ball handler so that will be a nice upgrade next year.

If Bienemy doesn't start then OU will be very good as long as he doesn't catch a case of the McGusty's

If Bienemy doesn't start then OU will be very good as long as he doesn't catch a case of the McGusty's

I wouldn’t worry about Bieniemy. IMO, he’s the most grounded player on the team. No way he’s going to “catch a case of the McGusty’s.”

As for who will start at the point? I’m sticking with Harmon from the get go. He has been the designated starting point guard on next year’s team since he committed to OU last year. The only question in my mind is will Lon want Jamal to start with De’Vion or come off of the bench as his backup?

I wouldn’t worry about Bieniemy. IMO, he’s the most grounded player on the team. No way he’s going to “catch a case of the McGusty’s.”

As for who will start at the point? I’m sticking with Harmon from the get go. He has been the designated starting point guard on next year’s team since he committed to OU last year. The only question in my mind is will Lon want Jamal to start with De’Vion or come off of the bench as his backup?

I don't think he will either. Never can have too many playmakers.

Back