Doron Lamb has apparently eliminated OU

That's the importance of getting a kid to sign early. The fact that Jones and Lamb have parents that are so involved made this senario predictable. Wouldn't be suprised to see more schools mentioned.

I think most only saw Lamb as being icing on the cake. I watched him play some last season when they showed Oak Hill games, and didn't really come away too impressed. He's a WW type player, but seems with less handles and not as physical. I always enjoy reading about players with good to great mid-range jumpers and then never see that in college. I guess its just easier to get good looks when nobody you are playing against is playing defense.

I think most only saw Lamb as being icing on the cake. I watched him play some last season when they showed Oak Hill games, and didn't really come away too impressed. He's a WW type player, but seems with less handles and not as physical. I always enjoy reading about players with good to great mid-range jumpers and then never see that in college. I guess its just easier to get good looks when nobody you are playing against is playing defense.

He's more of a mid range threat whereas WW is a mid range and attack the rim threat.

Tough break for the Sooners. We all knew it was going to be tough if Capel didn't get him signed early.

He's more of a mid range threat whereas WW is a mid range and attack the rim threat.

Yeah, but what I was alluding to was that there are always guys who seem to have mid-range games and get to major D1 schools and either can't or won't shoot the shot. I liked the play Sun. where Willie took his guy to the paint and then shot the little 7-8' shot. If guys would watch a guy like Durant (and sure he is one of the best pure shooters out there right now), they would see that you can go up in that mid-range area and more often than not draw a foul.

Yeah, but what I was alluding to was that there are always guys who seem to have mid-range games and get to major D1 schools and either can't or won't shoot the shot. I liked the play Sun. where Willie took his guy to the paint and then shot the little 7-8' shot. If guys would watch a guy like Durant (and sure he is one of the best pure shooters out there right now), they would see that you can go up in that mid-range area and more often than not draw a foul.

Yeah, I see what you're saying, but what happens is you can easily beat your man off the dribble in High School and that changes in college. I watched Keiton Page beat many guys off he dribble in College, but now he can't beat anyone off the dribble. Warren can beat his man off the dribble and get to the mid range level and take it a bit further and get to the rim. That's why eh has gotten to the line alot this year. Lamb isn't going to be able to attact the rim like Warren because he doesn't have as explosive a first step, but he can get the one dribble pull up move and get a nice mid range shot like Rip Hamilton use to get.

Back