Doron Lamb may be down to OU, KU, and AZ

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Doron Lamb- As stated above, when Stacey Poole makes a visit this weekend, it will definitely impact Lamb’s recruitment in some way. If they are vying for the same single scholarship, then Lamb may be left without a place on UK’s roster if Poole decides to do what most think he will do and chooses to suit up in the blue and white. Even if the single scholarship scenario is not the case, another top prospect taking playing time on the wing will definitely factor into Lamb’s future decision. UK’s coaches made another “home” visit with Lamb, this time meeting Doron himself at his Oak Hill Academy campus. Poole’s visit may have been a topic of discussion. Lamb has long voiced his affection for UK but also has interest in Kansas’ style of play and Oklahoma, where one of his old teammates and best friends, “Tiny” Gallon, currently plays.

This weekend looks to be a big one with Knight and Poole’s visits and how they may cause ripples in other player’s situations. We’ll be keeping you up to date with any changes that occur and any decisions that are made, but don’t let these things get in the way of mission #1, which is to continue our severe dominance UL on the football field.

Go UK. Get Stacy Poole.

Rod Odom, the 6-foot-8 wing from Concord (Mass.) Middlesex, is on his way to Arizona this weekend for his first official visit.

“I’m in the airport waiting to go,” Odom, the No. 19 small forward in the Class of 2010, said Friday morning.

After the Arizona visit, Odom will take an official to Harvard next weekend and then Boston College Oct. 3.

Odom is also considering Vanderbilt, West Virginia and Georgia Tech but has yet to plan official visits to those schools. He has visited every school except Arizona unofficially.

“I don’t really have a favorite right now,” Odom said. “I’ll probably have one after this visit because this [Arizona] is the only school I haven’t been to.”

Odom knows Arizona assistant coach Book Richardson and is also familiar with Arizona freshmen Lamont “Momo” Jones and Kevin Parrom – both from New York.

“I knew him [Richardson] from Xavier,” Odom said.

“I used to play with Momo with the Metrohawks so I know him pretty well,” Odom said. “I worked out with Kevin a couple times.”

Odom said he may wait until mid- or late-October before making a decision.

“I’m just looking for a good playing opportunity and make sure I’m comfortable and make sure it’s a good fit,” Odom said

Go AZ, get Odom. Seems like they have been having some luck like us lately in recruiting.

PGU confirmed this week with the Johnson family that James Johnson the 6-foot-9, 220-pound power forward from Wildomar (Calif.) Elsinore High School will commit to Virginia. Johnson cited his strong relationship with Coach Tony Bennett, the assistants and the strength coach as one of many reasons he chose Virginia. The sad news for Wildcat fans is that Ted Johnson told PGU "We knew it would come down to Virginia and Arizona. The first call I made was to Coach Miller and as usual he was nothing but classy when I told him the news. It was a tough call to make but he understood. We will always be big fans of Coach Miller and Arizona

Arizona recruit Phil Pressey committed to Missouri this week

Doron Lamb's father said he will likely take official visits to Kansas, Kentucky, Oklahoma and Arizona and St. John’s as well. Arizona head coach Sean Miller and assistant Book Richardson, who coached Lamb when he was with the New York Gauchos AAU program, visited Lamb Wednesday.

Arizona has an in-home with Gary Franklin this Sunday. Franklin has received an offer from Arizona, but after not having much contact with Franklin for awhile Arizona is playing catch up. His top 5 are Arizona State, California, Arizona, Connecticut and USC.

Anthony Brown and Arizona have decided to go separate ways and he will not visit Arizona this upcoming weekend.

Last edited:
I will point this out once more. What does the end of that article say? It talks about Doron's relationship with Tiny. We will get a visit out of Mr. Lamb. I have heard that Tiny is working him hard. As I said in an earlier post. Tiny is really starting to realize that staying two years at OU could be very beneficial for his NBA endeavours. Who better to have with him than TMG and his good friend Doron Lamb. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

OU, UK, and AZ are in position to get high profile wings. Lamb is suppose to be a guy that is a wing that can put it on the floor pretty good. That is different from Clark. KU has Woolridge committed. Woolridge's game is alot like what I described of Lamb. Woolridge's stock has fallen some, for some reason.

I think Capel is selling the "come fill our potential first-team all-american and first round draft picks shoes" role to Lamb, and it's an excellent pitch to make.

Lamb is actually a guy that I think if we can't close him early, it will give us an edge because we can tell him to watch Willie and that will be the type of role he will play for us. We also have Tiny helping out.

Then again, Arizona has his former teammate (Lamont Jones) likely working him and a starting spot to sell. Then Kansas always seems to do well with the New York kids.

I think Capel is selling the "come fill our potential first-team all-american and first round draft picks shoes" role to Lamb, and it's an excellent pitch to make.

Lamb is actually a guy that I think if we can't close him early, it will give us an edge because we can tell him to watch Willie and that will be the type of role he will play for us. We also have Tiny helping out.

Then again, Arizona has his former teammate (Lamont Jones) likely working him and a starting spot to sell. Then Kansas always seems to do well with the New York kids.

They also have his former coach. I don't know if Momo is the type of guy that Doron would want to team up with. He was a ball hog.

For as much as we bellyache about our recruiting year, KU and UK are basically in the same dilemma. We probably have the best committed prospect of the three and we're closer to leading on any other prospect(Cam) than those two are. I think we will know quickly with UK. If Poole makes a move. I we will get a true read our Detroit boys tommorrow. They have three common schools, UCLA, Ariz, and OU. McCallum is visiting AZ aone and not with Zeigler.

It is looking like the recruitment of five-star shooting guard Doron Lamb is coming down to a battle between Oklahoma and Kansas. Lamb, who also plays at Oak Hill Academy, is visiting Oklahoma this weekend and then will hit Kansas for midnight madness.

Oak Hill coach Steve Smith said Lamb is likely to take another visit as well, but the date and school have not been set. Arizona and Kentucky are also on his list.

hey now

It is looking like the recruitment of five-star shooting guard Doron Lamb is coming down to a battle between Oklahoma and Kansas. Lamb, who also plays at Oak Hill Academy, is visiting Oklahoma this weekend and then will hit Kansas for midnight madness.

No home football game vs. Late Night at the Phog...talk about an uphill battle.

No home football game vs. Late Night at the Phog...talk about an uphill battle.
Maybe Capel is using the lack of football game to his advantage. Maybe KU and others have been using our fan base's extreme love for the pigskin as negative recruitment. Bringing him in on a non home weekend might actually be beneficial for Lamb but I'm just guessing at the reason.
I'm sure Capel has a plan with the Lamb visit, he has proven himself in the past so I'm gonna trust him.

Back