NIT OU vs St Bonaventure 7pm CST on ESPNU

Yeah, but you can't change athleticism. Can you? Plus, he's got a lot of attributes that are way worse than Cousins. The whole Freshman excuse is an excuse in the long run. The man got worse as the season progressed. Period. As a Freshman at least get better by the end of the season which he did not.

I doubt that Coach Moser would agree with your assessment that he got worse, and you keep insisting it's the case without providing any evidence.

Was he worse against Big 12 opponents than non-conference? Perhaps but is that surprising? It's a very difficult conference, on defense especially.

We have to get better players. This team had the lowest basketball IQ I’ve ever seen.

Why is some of that not on the coaches? We had a lot of new players this year. Aside from Hill, and maybe Gibson late when Moser finally took the shackles off, who looked better this year? Who improved? I'd argue that T. Groves actually regressed. He was almost unplayable these final few games.

Other teams have highly rated freshman come in and contribute in a large way. Why was Noland not able to do that? Noland was rated about 30-40 spots better by 247 than the Sochan kid from Baylor. Sochan averaged almost 10 ppg and improved as the year went on. Why not the OU players?

Yeah, but you can't change athleticism. Can you? Plus, he's got a lot of attributes that are way worse than Cousins. The whole Freshman excuse is an excuse in the long run. The man got worse as the season progressed. Period. As a Freshman at least get better by the end of the season which he did not.

You wait and see

Our fans talk about our roster not being athletic enough, then literally support probably the least athletic kid on the roster.

Cortes probably was better this year than I thought he'd be, but he also really showed how unathletic he is compared to his peers. I don't mean that to be rude, etc, but it's the truth. His ceiling is VERY limited due to that.

Not every player can be a star. The problem we have is that we have mason, mawein, rick and all of these other guys that cant play at all. Id rather have basketball players that just athletes. I am going to wear you all out on bijan on a year or 2. He may never even become a starter but i think hes shown some skills

i was very disappointed in Goldwire all season his rep was low turnover guy and that is not what OU got ..

Low turnover guy when he isn't asked to do much on offense. Now you see why Duke didn't ask him to do much on offense.

Goldwire looked checked out of this game midway thru…he wasn’t given maximum effort.

If only somebody had seen that coming.

I knew THIS team wasn't going to play intense, focused basketball for multiple NIT games. Was never going to happen. But hey, we got a couple extra practices in.

I doubt that Coach Moser would agree with your assessment that he got worse, and you keep insisting it's the case without providing any evidence.

Was he worse against Big 12 opponents than non-conference? Perhaps but is that surprising? It's a very difficult conference, on defense especially.

I literally gave evidence above how he didn't get better. He was a turnover machine per game. He had 5 TO's in 10 minutes against Texas Tech. He had 2 TO's in 5 minutes against Sam Houston State? Or whoever we played in the NIT. So yeah man. That's how. Everyone goes back to the Iowa State game, but then ignores the Texas Tech game. Then the NIT game happened after Moser benched him in the Big 12 Tourney. He again, goes HAM on his turnovers in 5 minutes.

It's wild the same people talking about this roster is unathletic want this kid to succeed so bad they're ignoring his obvious flaws in his game. All because he's from Oklahoma. If Cortes is from Michigan. I don't think this is an actual conversation being had.

Not every player can be a star. The problem we have is that we have mason, mawein, rick and all of these other guys that cant play at all. Id rather have basketball players that just athletes. I am going to wear you all out on bijan on a year or 2. He may never even become a starter but i think hes shown some skills

He was literally unplayable down the stretch in must win games. Benched. After playing much of the year.

And what have you seen of Mason to suggest he can't play? We can only play so many PG's. Long-term, I'd take Mason over Cortes. Mason is just coming in less polished.

He was literally unplayable down the stretch in must win games. Benched. After playing much of the year.

And what have you seen of Mason to suggest he can't play? We can only play so many PG's. Long-term, I'd take Mason over Cortes. Mason is just coming in less polished.

If I had to choose between Mason and Cortes going forward, I would probably just quit. That's a recipe for an unmitigated disaster.

Yeah. But how much better can Cortes get when he's afraid to shoot, isn't athletic, can't dribble well, and is a turnover prone PG?

yeah you should watch his high school highlights .. .he is athletic he can shoot and he is a very very good passer ..

Did Cousins improve much after his freshman year?

Was Cousins athletic? Because he sure is/was compared to Bijan.

He's also got 3 inches in height. I hate comparisons like that. The man was a 2nd round pick. You think Cortes is going to be a 2nd round pick? I will gladly put some money that Cortes doesn't get drafted if someone wants to bet.

Was Cousins athletic? Because he sure is/was compared to Bijan.

He's also got 3 inches in height. I hate comparisons like that. The man was a 2nd round pick. You think Cortes is going to be a 2nd round pick? I will gladly put some money that Cortes doesn't get drafted if someone wants to bet.

he is 1 inch taller ..

Back