Eddie and Sean Sutton were at the game

Kelvin was roundly disliked in the Big 12 coaching circle, and in fact it was Eddie, Roy Williams and Bob Knight who led that charge.

100% entirely false. Sampson was actually well liked within the Big 12. Being family friends with 2 coaches in the Big 12 tree (one former, one current) from my parents' ties at Ok State, I can tell you that not only was KS well liked within the conference, but it was the other way around: Sutton was the one not to many of the coaches were fond of... Couldn't stand his shrewd personality.

And besides, you're basing your assumption off 3 coaches that weren't exactly Mr. Popular within the conference. Sutton and Knight were complete jerks, and Williams had a reputation of belittling his piers. 3 arrogant and shrewd coaches wouldn't exactly be the ones I would use to make my point.

So it's Eddie's fault that Kelvin was a rampant cheater?

And by the way, Eddie wan't the only Big 12 coach that had big problems with Sampson.

Kelvin was roundly disliked in the Big 12 coaching circle, and in fact it was Eddie, Roy Williams and Bob Knight who led that charge.

Maybe the fact that his teams were really good when they didn't like him had something to do with it.
3 classy individuals in their own right, lol. No doubt those 3 are the most popular guys around, oozing with class and good personal conduct, pillars and beacons of moral standards. Those 3 are no doubt where the discussion stops and ends when it comes to standard bearers of honesty and integrity.

Damn Play! Truth hurts.

Here is the thing, the guy turned our program in for hnis own good, not out of his sense of right and wrong....and I don't like it that now he is comfortable parking his butt in the LNC. Just shows you how classy OU fans are, Kelvin would get lynched like a UT PG just making a play in Stillwhiter.

No I'm not, no way his liver can be in great shape. Liver damage can't be reversed.

Actually there is more that can be done than in the past, but you absolutely have to quit drinking. Had an Uncle die of that...sad deal.

Actually there is more that can be done than in the past, but you absolutely have to quit drinking. Had an Uncle die of that...sad deal.
I should disclaimer that, it does depend on what stage.

Here is the thing, the guy turned our program in for hnis own good, not out of his sense of right and wrong....and I don't like it that now he is comfortable parking his butt in the LNC. Just shows you how classy OU fans are, Kelvin would get lynched like a UT PG just making a play in Stillwhiter.

Fortunately OU administrators live in a world of realism that is not jaundiced by the passion to hate their rivals. They instead are professional that understand that it is merely competition between rivals that is supposed to be fun.

The players do not dislike the aggot players. Nor generally do the coaches dislike the opposing coaches and in general respect all of their contemporaries.

Kelvin did not become head of the coaches association because he was disliked by his peers. However, to blatantly violate the contact rules via telephone like Kelvin did and more than one assistant after they left the program does not leave him in good stead with his peers.

Not providing Eddie and Sean tickets to the game would be analgous to the nine year old taking his ball and going home because he could not beat his friend. Grow up and become a real competitor. Respect your opponent.

Fortunately OU administrators live in a world of realism that is not jaundiced by the passion to hate their rivals. They instead are professional that understand that it is merely competition between rivals that is supposed to be fun and respectful.

The players do not dislike the aggot players. Nor generally do the coaches dislike the opposing coaches and in general respect all of their contemporaries.

Kelvin did not become head of the coaches association because he was disliked by his peers. However, to blatantly violate the contact rules via telephone like Kelvin did and more than one assistant after they left the program, then repeat the tactic in Indiana does not leave him in good stead with his peers. Rightfully so.

Not providing Eddie and Sean tickets to the game would be analogous to the nine year old taking his ball and going home because he could not beat his friend. Grow up and become a real competitor. Respect your opponent. To due otherwise is to become a puke.

Not providing Eddie and Sean tickets to the game would be analgous to the nine year old taking his ball and going home because he could not beat his friend.
Odd analogy, and unfounded.

The University of Oklahoma self reported the violations. Have you bothered to read the NCAA Findings.

Odd analogy, and unfounded.

I would not give them tickets if I was the decision maker at the AD. I really don't why people assume OU gave them tickets. They probably purchased the tickets or got them through a source other than OU.

I would not give them tickets if I was the decision maker at the AD. I really don't why people assume OU gave them tickets. They probably purchased the tickets or got them through a source other than OU.

If he is sitting next Joe C. on the court, then he is not purchasing tickets...those are floor passes.

Fortunately OU administrators live in a world of realism that is not jaundiced by the passion to hate their rivals. They instead are professional that understand that it is merely competition between rivals that is supposed to be fun and respectful.

Not providing Eddie and Sean tickets to the game would be analogous to the nine year old taking his ball and going home because he could not beat his friend. Grow up and become a real competitor. Respect your opponent. To due otherwise is to become a puke.

See, it is not my "job" to be professional under those circumstances; and as a "fan" I do not have to be a competitior and I can harbor a few more grudges as to two individuals who clearly had it in for our program [and whom I have little respect for, for various reasons].

As far as "growing up", I already said that people in charge of things obviously disagree with my position, and its not like I would condone people verbally abusing either or harrassing either of those two guys [In fact, I already gave it up to the fans who didn't, because rest assured things would be different in the hell hole for Kelvin].

I'm just glad the OSU DB got served hard enough to keep him off of this board. They troll and constantly stick up for OSU. I've never been on a rival board and found myself offended when they bag on OU. Its the same thing that OSU fans seem to forever fail to realize when they wonder why OSU is inferior to OU.

THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS!!!!!!!!

The one thing that I really like about this season is the realization that OU may have actually found a PG that will lessen my yearning for the days when this guy ran the team.

:hollis754:

Don't worry about it Sooner fans. Joe C is probably just scoping out future coaching talent. :)

Back