Ekpe Udoh playing very well

thebigabd

Reaction score
Had 18 points, 11 rebounds, 3 blocks in his first game.... Had 21 points, 7 rebounds, 5 blocks, and 3 assists today.

He even hit a 3pt shot today.

Likely will be newcomer of the year if the first two games are any indication.

It is impressive, but I'll withhold my evaluation until they play someone with some size/athleticism in the post. He's definitely improved, but watching him at Michigan, he dominated against lesser competition and couldn't score against better defenders. It will be interesting to see what happends though. I do wish OU had gotten him. He would definitely be a better fit than Ryan Wright as much as I like him as a person.

I've always been a fan of his on the defensive side of the ball and felt KELVIN made a huge mistake in not offering him and offering Mayfield. At one time Udoh was a top 30 recruit and the emerence of Muenelo really hurt him because he had to defer on the court during AAU games and with Santa Fe. If he starts scoring, I have no choice but to agree with DFW to a degree about this kid. He's already an NBA defender.

"DFWHoopster" once again showing why he's the best in the biz.

:clap:clap:clap

"DFWHoopster" once again showing why he's the best in the biz.

:clap:clap:clap

haha He and his staff at Baylor are all-in to try and promote Baylor basketball. Got to appreciate his efforts.

He's definitely improved, but watching him at Michigan, he dominated against lesser competition and couldn't score against better defenders.

Exactly right. Same with the guy at KSU from UCONN. Do it against somebody and then I'll be impressed.

yeah, like hofstra? lmao @ ku. :ez-laugh:

Collins & Aldrich have rings. Bill Self has a ring.
They don't need to prove anything before they get pimped.
Baylor beat a horrible team by 2 points at home.
Yet, some have been pimping them all summer.
You won't be laughing when KU rolls K-State twice. :clap

Baylor had to play true frosh AJ Walton almost the whole game because Nolan Dennis has a major case of the jitters and Tweety Carter is out until Thanksgiving.

Udoh took the team on his back and won that game. Hartford has a great 3 pt shooter who was all conference two years ago but injured last year. Udoh got caught on a switch twice down the stretch and got a steal and a block. Baylor was down 14 at one point- down 2 when Udoh hit a 3. The game winner was a fadeaway 17 footer with 1 second left. He's a player.

But I have to say I will probably eat crow on my Baylor win prediction. Perimeter d worse than I expected. Dennis, Anthony Jones and Acy very disappointing so far. Carter, Dunn and Udoh are all tough but I don't think that is enough to have a winning conference record. We will see.

Last edited:
Perimeter d worse than I expected.
Baylor is coached by Scott Drew. For one, he's the worst major conference coach I've ever seen. Secondly, he has no idea what defense even means. Why are you surprised?

Exaggerate much?
No I don't. When Baylor plays it looks like a pick-up game broke out. No cohesiveness, no plan, no execution. Just a bunch of guys firing up 3's and fall-away jumpers from everywhere, and hoping the defensive possession they are currently on doesn't last very long so they can do it again.

No I don't. When Baylor plays it looks like a pick-up game broke out. No cohesiveness, no plan, no execution. Just a bunch of guys firing up 3's and fall-away jumpers from everywhere, and hoping the defensive possession they are currently on doesn't last very long so they can do it again.

And it's ridiculously entertaining. Scott Drew is a total badass, would love to see him smash rick barnes face into the sidewalk (if they happen to be walking on a sidewalk parallel to each other at the same time)

This Kansas vs Baylor argument is such a joke.

Kansas just won a National Title and is ranked #1 and has a great shot to win another one this year after winning the Big 12 last year when it was supposed to be a down year.

Baylor on the other hand completely blew it last season and lost 3 who were decent recruits but turned out to be solid players and are left with an entire roster of overrated recruits, coached by a guy who's only strong suit as a coach is recruting.

Baylor sucks. Kansas is dominant. End of story.

Kansas just won a National Title and is ranked #1 and has a great shot to win another one this year after winning the Big 12 last year when it was supposed to be a down year.

Baylor on the other hand completely blew it last season and lost 3 who were decent recruits but turned out to be solid players and are left with an entire roster of overrated recruits, coached by a guy who's only strong suit as a coach is recruting.

Who is comparing Kansas to Baylor?

LOL. Is this post a joke? Since when did today become, "Joke Day" @ ouhoops.com? :ez-laugh:

Back