Emergency PG?

SuperHoops

Reaction score
In the event that both TMG and Willie are both out (due to fouls, injury, illness), who runs the point? Does TJ get a shot at it or would it be by committee with Cade, Pledger and Crock?

In the event that both TMG and Willie are both out (due to fouls, injury, illness), who runs the point? Does TJ get a shot at it or would it be by committee with Cade, Pledger and Crock?

This would be comical to watch.

My guess is a committee type deal. We wouldn't play a walk on like TJ.

I guess it would depend on how long they both would be off the floor. A couple minutes at the end of a half wouldn't be so bad. Is TJ really that lacking in skills?

TJ is VERY quick and handles pretty darn well, but he's tiny, can't defend, can't shoot, and makes a lot of questionable decisions. You'd want to run it by committee. My guess is that Cade would get the minutes here because he's not going to make as many mistakes as the other 3.

Ray Willis would run it. Ray has been running a lot of back up point since practice has started.

I'm sure TJ could handle the duties. He might not possess the flair and the big game antics like TMG and WWIII, but he could bring the rock up the flour as good or better as Cade, Crock or Pledger. His D might be the reason they wouldn't want him on the court. Obviously he wouldn't play the whole game, but he could play big minutes in their absence. You don't have to be Dynamic to run the 1, plus we wouldn't be asking him to do what the other guys do. Capel would make the game plan as simple as he could and try to put him in a position to be sucessful.

I'm sure TJ could handle the duties. He might not possess the flair and the big game antics like TMG and WWIII, but he could bring the rock up the flour as good or better as Cade, Crock or Pledger. His D might be the reason they wouldn't want him on the court. Obviously he wouldn't play the whole game, but he could play big minutes in their absence. You don't have to be Dynamic to run the 1, plus we wouldn't be asking him to do what the other guys do. Capel would make the game plan as simple as he could and try to put him in a position to be sucessful.

I thought Ray played pretty good D the other night. He was tipping passes and harassing his guy. I think he's definitely improved in that area. I know it was against a bad high school team, but still.

Man u guys are clueless... Tj will never play.. He is not d1 good.. He's a walk one for a reason.. Randolph is better.. Now I'm sure he's a nice kid but dang come on.. I can't believe i read that he would play the 1.. Wow.. Cade and Willis both played some a lot of point in high school

I'd go with Pledger, Crocker, and Davis. No true point guard, have to get shots through sets and movement.

Ray Willis would run it. Ray has been running a lot of back up point since practice has started.

BT, not saying you're wrong, but I was surprised by your observation that Ray Willis might be next in line to play the point.

The first player that came to mind when I saw the question was Steven Pledger. He played the one some in high school and also played that position on his Boo Williams AAU team. I don't know if he was the primary PG option on those teams, but I do know he was a lead guard who swung to the point on occasion. Maybe sharp1 can confirm that.

BT, not saying you're wrong, but I was surprised by your observation that Ray Willis might be next in line to play the point.

The first player that came to mind when I saw the question was Steven Pledger. He played the one some in high school and also played that position on his Boo Williams AAU team. I don't know if he was the primary PG option on those teams, but I do know he was a lead guard who swung to the point on occasion. Maybe sharp1 can confirm that.

Ada,

Remember that Ray played the part in high school as well at Westlake. I agree that Steve would be in the running. I think maybe the reason that Ray has a leg up at this point is just because he knows the sets better having been here an extra year.

But things can always change over the course of the year.

Ada,

Remember that Ray played the part in high school as well at Westlake. I agree that Steve would be in the running. I think maybe the reason that Ray has a leg up at this point is just because he knows the sets better having been here an extra year.

But things can always change over the course of the year.

BT,

That makes perfectly good sense, and I agree that Ray's experience with the system and the offensive sets gives him an advantage. I had forgotten that he also played the point at Westlake. Ray definitely has the tools.

My original thoughts turned to Steven, because he's such a heady, fundamentally-sound player. Nevertheless, if Ray is running the offense some in practice, that's a strong indication that he may be the one should the unthinkable (I pray it doesn't) occur.

If this scenario happens where both PG's are out, I will blame you SuperHoops. ;)

These are the times you'd miss that point post....Blake Griffin.

Back