Freshman of the year next year

I think WW will play the point and TMG will come off the bench. But, if as most assume, TMG starts at the point for OU, then I think he will be big 12 freshman of the year. We are sure to finish in the top 4 in the big 12 next year, and if TMG starts and plays 30 mpg, then he will be the most high profile and important freshman in the league. I guess I just have a different opinion of Bradley than most. I think he is good and will be a good college player, but I don't see him as dominant, at least not early on. He isn't durant, beasley or WW good in my opinion. I think some get taken up with how well kids look in a hully gully AAU type game where nobody plays defense and kids can be and are actually encouraged to be completely selfish on offense. Avery is good but I think it will take him a year or two to develop. I don't think he is nearly strong enough to operate off the dribble in the paint in high D-1, but we will see. As always, I'm probably wrong.

I think I might agree with this assessment. TMG routinely delivering to a ranked team would be hard to overlook. The problem would be that he will get overshadowed by WW, similar to how Davidson's PG got overshadowed by Curry in the 07-08 season.

Travis Ford answer when asked about Karron Johnson...

"Karron is an interesting individual. If you sit in a room with him, you would absolutely fall in love with him. But he has had no stability — none — in his life. And people have used him so much, from an early age. I talked to his mom about it, and his mom fully grasps it … But he has got some work to do academically. But we always have known. When you know his whole background and you know what he has been through, you want to give him a chance, and he’s obviously very, very, very good. We got to know him as a person, and he’s somebody that we think we can help. We are the type people he needs to play for. Hopefully, he will get that chance, and hopefully, we will get that chance."

I knew a kid similar to this who went to high school with my daughter. Both parents in prison. He lived with friend's families through most of high school Very charming kid. You couldn't help but like him. But he had a lot of issues. Without basketball, he never would have graduated from high school.

The question is with the dismissal of Kirkland. Does OSU hold Johnsons scholarship until the 2nd semester. I'd say Ford has to if Johnson is a Beasley type talent.

Oh yeah, I think you hold the ship for him. He could really help OSU during the conference/postseason run. Look at what Pattillo did for us coming in midway into the season.

Bradley will win it as Abrams' replacement as the perimeter scorer.

Bradley will win it as Abrams' replacement as the perimeter scorer.

I almost have to give it to Bradley as well because Tiny is going to be second to Willie much like Willie was second to Blake this year.

I almost have to give it to Bradley as well because Tiny is going to be second to Willie much like Willie was second to Blake this year.

Well that and Bradley is insane.

But yes, it's easier for a guard to still have an impact behind a great post player. It's rare to have a post player make that large of an impact behind a guard oriented team, with the 1 or 2 as the leader.

Back