Got to love Poke fans

Of all people OSU fans should understand what its like to take some talented blue chippers and try to push them into the line up. Sean tried it with Eaton, Harris, Cooper and failed miserably. It takes times. OUs BB team will be just fine by the time the Big 12 season rolls around.

The only difference between the OU and OSU squad at his moment is that Penn, Guilley and Franklin have some experience around them in the form of Anderson, Obi and Moses.

Other than Kansas and Texas, no one else in the Big 12 is unbeatable. It's gonna be a dog fight for the next couple of positions.

I'd take Marshall Moses in a second. He's your best player. Shooting perimeter shots isn't OU's problem.....

Moses is a good player but he would be the third best on the team. Anderson has improved leaps and bounds. The guy is sweet. Obi has improved more than anyone on the team and looks to be much quicker this year with much better handles.

Of all people OSU fans should understand what its like to take some talented blue chippers and try to push them into the line up. Sean tried it with Eaton, Harris, Cooper and failed miserably. It takes times. OUs BB team will be just fine by the time the Big 12 season rolls around.

The only difference between the OU and OSU squad at his moment is that Penn, Guilley and Franklin have some experience around them in the form of Anderson, Obi and Moses.

Other than Kansas and Texas, no one else in the Big 12 is unbeatable. It's gonna be a dog fight for the next couple of positions.

I think that is the perfect analysis, but the experience thing rings hollow. OU has Davis, Warren and Crocker.

Moses is a good player but he would be the third best on the team. Anderson has improved leaps and bounds. The guy is sweet. Obi has improved more than anyone on the team and looks to be much quicker this year with much better handles.

you're probably looking at the game in terms of scoring.....

I think that is the perfect analysis, but the experience thing rings hollow. OU has Davis, Warren and Crocker.

Forgetting talent comparisions, Anderson is a 3 year starter and Obi has played since he stepped on campus 4 years ago. That kind of experience really helps in the early season.

you're probably looking at the game in terms of scoring.....

Absolutely not. Anderson is doing a good job of distributing the ball and not forcing the action. Obi has really improved his ball handling and defensive ability. I am by no means discounting Moses because I love his fire but he is the 3rd best player on the team.

Absolutely not. Anderson is doing a good job of distributing the ball and not forcing the action. Obi has really improved his ball handling and defensive ability. I am by no means discounting Moses because I love his fire but he is the 3rd best player on the team.
Yeah he is on your team but after watching our struggles down low in regards to rebounding I would love to have Moses on OU's team over Anderson or Obi.

Forgetting talent comparisions, Anderson is a 3 year starter and Obi has played since he stepped on campus 4 years ago. That kind of experience really helps in the early season.

To be fair Anderson was seen as one of the team leaders last along with Eaton. Ou's team leaders the Griffins left.

No different than any other school. We could all make a book out of stupid comments made by fans of just about every team.

I don't think I've ever heard an OU fan refer to a player as a crackhead, like they did with AJ and Crock last year, calling Blake a tranny, calling the Griffin's mom an ugly b, and callling the Paris sisters men. The worst I've ever heard OU fans call OSU players or coaches was calling JL3 Carlton or Gary Coleman, Calling Sean Ratboy, and chanting Eddie's drunk, which turned out to be not so far from the truth. The Eddie Fark thread was a classic, though.

from OrangeAggie

Default Re: OU basketball
Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
Willie will be the leader but just had a horrible night against VCU. Pretty fair assesment by OrangeAggie. Cade Davis shoots great in practice but hardley ever brings it to the court during a game. I wouldn't say he sucks though.

Cade Davis = Tyler Hatch. If he has to play, it's because you don't have anyone better.

Yeah he is on your team but after watching our struggles down low in regards to rebounding I would love to have Moses on OU's team over Anderson or Obi.

That is fair enough. I think the thing that has really helped OSU this year is the amount of quality depth that Ford brought in. Pilgrim is a huge addition and before it is done has a much higher talent ceiling than Moses. They should be very good for each other in terms of pushing each other.

from OrangeAggie

Default Re: OU basketball
Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
Willie will be the leader but just had a horrible night against VCU. Pretty fair assesment by OrangeAggie. Cade Davis shoots great in practice but hardley ever brings it to the court during a game. I wouldn't say he sucks though.

Cade Davis = Tyler Hatch. If he has to play, it's because you don't have anyone better.

In no way does Cade Davis = Tyler Hatch. Davis is much better. Hatch could catch the ball and throw it to a teamate and never much threw it to the visitors that was the extent of his D1 playing ability.

Give me Moses and OU would have a guy that can block a shot or two, defend the post, and is good enough to reach the wing players if we went zone and he rebounds like an animal. Offensively, he causes mismatch problems and has expanded his game out to 18 feet. OU has shooters. Pledger is every bit the long range shooter as Anderson is.

Give me Moses and OU would have a guy that can block a shot or two, defend the post, and is good enough to reach the wing players if we went zone and he rebounds like an animal. Offensively, he causes mismatch problems and has expanded his game out to 18 feet. OU has shooters. Pledger is every bit the long range shooter as Anderson is.

Anderson is no longer just a long range bomber. He is an agressive offensive presence. I would say most of his points have came from the freethrow line or in the paint. The guy has learned to go both directions and assaults the rim.

Anderson is no longer just a long range bomber. He is an agressive offensive presence. I would say most of his points have came from the freethrow line or in the paint. The guy has learned to go both directions and assaults the rim.

yada, yada, yada..... I'll tell you what, If OU had Moses instead of Allen, OU is probably looking at 6 and 0. If OU traded WW for Anderson, there is no change in OU's record.

I don't think I've ever heard an OU fan refer to a player as a crackhead, like they did with AJ and Crock last year, calling Blake a tranny, calling the Griffin's mom an ugly b, and callling the Paris sisters men. The worst I've ever heard OU fans call OSU players or coaches was calling JL3 Carlton or Gary Coleman, Calling Sean Ratboy, and chanting Eddie's drunk, which turned out to be not so far from the truth. The Eddie Fark thread was a classic, though.

I heard JL3 called a crackbaby. Dez Bryant being called "retarded", jokes about the plane crash, etc... It happens.

yada, yada, yada..... I'll tell you what, If OU had Moses instead of Allen, OU is probably looking at 6 and 0. If OU traded WW for Anderson, there is no change in OU's record.

I would not trade Anderson for WW and I would not trade Moses for Allen, however if you put Anderson and Warren together that is one talented set of wings. Moses may well help your team a little more because of it's weakness in the paint. If you really want to make comparisons trade Tiny for Moses.

So how does that make Moses a better player than Anderson?

Just because he fills a need better on OU's team doesn't mean he's a better player than Anderson.

Anderson is clearly the best player on our team.

But I will give you that Moses may be tied with Anderson as our most "valuable" player, given the mismatch problems he presents, as you previously noted.

I would not trade Anderson for WW and I would not trade Moses for Allen, however if you put Anderson and Warren together that is one talented set of wings. Moses may well help your team a little more because of it's weakness in the paint. If you really want to make comparisons trade Tiny for Moses.

That is the exact point he has been making the last five posts...welcome to the action.

Back