Got to love Poke fans

I heard JL3 called a crackbaby. Dez Bryant being called "retarded", jokes about the plane crash, etc... It happens.

I heard the crackbaby stuff too, I will give you that much.

it goes both ways. I can remember, Ratboy, Drunk as*ses, numerous byron houston jokes (which for all I care he deserves), Byron Eaton was made fun of to no end over here, etc.

None if it is nice, but it definitely goes both ways.

it goes both ways. I can remember, Ratboy, Drunk as*ses, numerous byron houston jokes (which for all I care he deserves), Byron Eaton was made fun of to no end over here, etc.

Of course it does.

So how does that make Moses a better player than Anderson?

Just because he fills a need better on OU's team doesn't mean he's a better player than Anderson.

Anderson is clearly the best player on our team.

But I will give you that Moses may be tied with Anderson as our most "valuable" player, given the mismatch problems he presents, as you previously noted.

Because being the best player is not about scoring points. Moses does alot more winning things on the basketball court than anyone else on that team. Scoring is the only thing that Anderson does better than Moses. Without Moses, OSU would be going into its 4th straight year without an NCAA bid.

I would not trade Anderson for WW and I would not trade Moses for Allen, however if you put Anderson and Warren together that is one talented set of wings. Moses may well help your team a little more because of it's weakness in the paint. If you really want to make comparisons trade Tiny for Moses.

OU doesn't have a weakness in the paint. Tiny is a superior low post scorer and a good rebounder. OU has a weakness on defense and matching up with other teams. Tiny for Moses isn't a trade I would make. It took Moses three years to make the progress he has. Tiny is twice as far along in his development as Moses or Cooper were as freshman.

In fairness, the byron Houston and Sutton jokes (which I made alot of) were based on what they did or were going to do. If you made a joke about switzer with a gun, Sampson with a cellphone, or Bomar at Big red sports and imports, that's fair. Byron EATaton stuff is off based, calling any kid a crackhead is off based. A grownup like Sean Sutton or Jeff Capel for that fact can get a little razzing from the fans. The athletes are a different story and the parents are really different because they aren't public figures.

OU doesn't have a weakness in the paint. Tiny is a superior low post scorer and a good rebounder. OU has a weakness on defense and matching up with other teams. Tiny for Moses isn't a trade I would make. It took Moses three years to make the progress he has. Tiny is twice as far along in his development as Moses or Cooper were as freshman.

So you want to take one of our best players and trade him for a player that does not play the same position. Why don't I trade For Tiny and give you Gulley. Seems fair to me.

I would suggest that OU does indeed have a weakness in the paint. They have been out-rebounded 4 out of six games, and only out-rebounded vcu by two. The talent appears to be there but the weaknesses are there. You might be considering the rebounding struggles as defensive struggles, but it consider that weakness in the paint.

That is the exact point he has been making the last five posts...welcome to the action.

We started out on who was the best Player for OSU not who would help OU more. If you think Moses is a better player than Anderson then I have ocean front property in Oklahoma to sell you.

If you feel Moses fills a spot on your team better then I cannot argue since I have not seen them in action yet.

So you want to take one of our best players and trade him for a player that does not play the same position. Why don't I trade For Tiny and give you Gulley. Seems fair to me.

I'm not trading Tiny for anybody on any roster. He's the second or third best freshman post player. Tiny will be one of the few players to demand a double team in college basketball. I'll trade you Moses, for Wright, Crocker, and Allen. I'll trade you Hardrick for Teeng Akol straight up or Torrin Walker for Ray Willis. You can't have my Barry Honore though!:bigbarry

I'm not trading Tiny for anybody on any roster. He's the second or third best freshman post player. Tiny will be one of the few players to demand a double team in college basketball. I'll trade you Moses, for Wright, Crocker, and Allen. I'll trade you Hardrick for Teeng Akol straight up or Torrin Walker for Ray Willis. You can't have my Barry Honore though!:bigbarry

Based on what I have heard I probably would not trade Tiny either if he had signed with the Pokes. I am looking forward to see him play.

I'm not going to lie to you. At this time I do not have the authority to trade any OSU players. It appears that we will have to play the rest of the season with our current rosters.;)

It took Moses three years to make the progress he has.

I disagree.

It took a year and a half.

Moses basically reached his current level of play by Big 12 season last year, which was half-way through his sophomore season.

He almost averaged a double-double in Big 12 play last year.

But I do agree that Gallon is further along at a similar point.

I disagree.

It took a year and a half.

Moses basically reached his current level of play by Big 12 season last year, which was half-way through his sophomore season.

He almost averaged a double-double in Big 12 play last year.

But I do agree that Gallon is further along at a similar point.

You're right. A year and one half.

I was told last week by a Poke fan that he would take Keiton Page on his team any day over Willie Warren, and that his decision is based in large part on the fact that Page had a better freshman season than Warren.

I was told last week by a Poke fan that he would take Keiton Page on his team any day over Willie Warren, and that his decision is based in large part on the fact that Page had a better freshman season than Warren.

Just wow

That poke fan has selective memory or doesn't know much about basketball. Let's see: Big 12 freshman of the year, high on everyone's draft board, and pre-season all America in just about every publication. I think that says it all. He may be having a rough start, but the seaon is still young. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

The analysts are enamored with Willie Warren but Keiton Page had a better freshman year than he did.

You are implying that I said Page was better than Warren, I didn't say that. What I did do is point out the FACT that Page had a better freshman season than Willie Warren and based on Warren's play Saturday I'd rather have Page on my team.

I'm more interested in winning games than having a player that is a freak athelete.

Willie Warren is not an all-around significantly better player than Keiton Page.

I will give you that he is taller, can jump higher and is faster. But right now Page is a better basketball player, Warren is very inconsistent.

Oh boy...

While I certainly agree that being a great athlete isn't the "end-all, be-all" of being a great basketball player, it certainly is part of the equation.

Keiton is probably a better baskeball player than many guys who are taller than him and better athletes.... WW isn't one of them, though.

:)

Back