Tiny/Josh Smith

Bench:
Doron Lamb
Cameron Clark
Pledger
Fitzgerald
Any player we land

quit teasing me!!
Can you imagine though??? Think if we land Clark, Barnes, Lamb/McCallum in addition to TJ, with the players we already have (TMG, Tiny, Fitz), Willie just might be willing to come back for his Junior year to win that first NC in OU history. Especially if they perform like I think they will this year and get real close.

Look I'm not counting my chickens just yet, but Capel is ridiculous on the recruiting trail. Normally you like to be a late visit to get in the last word, but Capel builds a relationship. If he stays in touch with Barnes throughout, talks to him after each other visit, that early relationship might just win out. This would be a sick pickup.

Is Barnes in the mold of Durant?

There are definitely some similarities offensively, but I think there are better comparisons. Barnes is not as tall as Durant and already has more weight on him than Durant had back in college and Barnes seems like a guy who could get up to 215-220 lbs or more. He is more of a smooth player than simply explosive, so it shouldn't effect his game at all to put on another 10-15+ pounds.

The main comparisons I've heard are Grant Hill (because of ball-handling, basketball smarts, positive attitude, and calmness under pressure - kind of a point-forward). I've heard a comparison to Luol Deng, as well. I kind of like the Brandon Roy comparison, but it's hard to compare him to any one person, because he is a unique player.

Personally, if I could combine Grant Hill and Brandon Roy I think he'd fall somewhere in between, in terms of potential.

Back