Henry's staying at KU...

Cheno

Resident Hawk
Reaction score
Xavier and C.J. Henry will remain members of Kansas University’s basketball program.
The brothers — who apparently were angered by a Kansas City Star newspaper article that the Henry family felt portrayed it in a negative light — on Tuesday were considering dropping their commitment to KU for Kentucky, the brothers’ dad, Carl Henry, said.
However, all was smoothed over by late Tuesday night when Xavier Henry sent a text message to Kansas City 610 radio’s Cory Anderson indicating he would remain a Jayhawk.
“I’m goin’ to Kansas and that’s final,” Anderson said in reading the message to the Journal-World.
Henry had sent the message to Anderson at 10:48 p.m.
Shortly after, Henry sent the same text message to Foxsports.com’s Jeff Goodman.

One wild day yesterday. Hopefully, Self and D Manning asked Carl to not speak to the media. It was fun while it lasted.

A seven-word text message to a radio guy and another to a web journalist, and all is right in Cheno's world.

And I'm sure that the father will hush right up now after a word of caution from wise old Uncle Bill, don't you worry. He just needed a little guidance.

Oh, and mean people will stop doing mean things, and you'll finally get that pony you've been wishing for since you were six, too.

Where did I say all was right in the world?
Little bitter huh?
Weren't we ignoring each other?
Another shot...Just couldn't resist huh?

A seven-word text message to a radio guy and another to a web journalist, and all is right in Cheno's world.

And I'm sure that the father will hush right up now after a word of caution from wise old Uncle Bill, don't you worry. He just needed a little guidance.

Oh, and mean people will stop doing mean things, and you'll finally get that pony you've been wishing for since you were six, too.

I don't think anyone expects Carl is going to hush, ever. I do expect X & CJ will go to KU and X will be a very good player.

Bill Self shows that he has no backbone. He gets punked nationally by a rogue father and sons duo and gets on his knees. And they say Willie Warren is a headcase. Hell, Lance Stephenson is Blake Griffin in comparison to these thugs.

I just saw Rhett Bomar's dad roll his eyes at Carl.

I guess Self flew into OKC, took out his knee pads for Carl and got the job done.

Where did I say all was right in the world?
Little bitter huh?
Weren't we ignoring each other?
Another shot...Just couldn't resist huh?

What do you expect KU fan? Carl has talked smack about OU and advises his AAU plays to go anywhere but OU. You were trying to spark a response like "Little Bitter huh?" with this thread. Just another underhanded poke at OU fans on our BB. Still trying to figure out what you are doing in our yard.

I, for one, am not bitter at all. Actually, I'm rather excited to see this all play out in the state to the north.

This couldn't be happening to a more deserving program.

I love the contrast in the levels of class from one program to the other.

I'm not bitter, either. I just thought it was funny that Cheno thinks a couple of text messages from a flaky (at best) young me-first of an athlete makes the whole mess evaporate and that a word from Uncle Bill really has a chance in heck of silencing the Henry patriarch.

I couched those sentiments in, yes, a mildly sarcastic post. You're still a jayhawk fan on a Sooner board; you'll come in for the occasional barb -- especially when you start a KU-centric thread here (what, the momentous development that was X's two text messages couldn't have possibly been made to fit in one of the Henry threads that have already been started?).

But you're a tough guy; you can take it.

You have to know that Calipari was behind the scenes trying to manipulate that situation in his favor. Maybe Self will grow a pair and we can see a future press conference that looks something like this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51-4sJTf7iQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51-4sJTf7iQ[/ame]

Cheno thinks the threads on this board are here because we're KU haters. We understand it's because many don't like Carl Henry and his blatant disrespect for OU. OU fans have known for years that Henry was not going to OU and for anyone to imply that OU fans have sour grapes is just wrong.

I am a both a Kansas hater and a Carl Henry hater. I guess that makes me a double Xavier Henry hater. :dance005:

I am a both a Kansas hater and a Carl Henry hater. I guess that makes me a double Xavier Henry hater. :dance005:

As I am. All this drama is crazy like a little girl playing princess in a basketball shaped carriage. I still have a nose bleed.

Count me in as a hater.

Thanks.

Cheno thinks the threads on this board are here because we're KU haters. We understand it's because many don't like Carl Henry and his blatant disrespect for OU. OU fans have known for years that Henry was not going to OU and for anyone to imply that OU fans have sour grapes is just wrong.

He's ignorant....if that's really the case.

You know what, I actually rooted for KU against Memphis because I didn't like Cal, and I felt KU winning would legitimize how good a conference the big12 is. I wasn't aware it would wake the arrogant monster that is the KU fanbase. That is what makes this Henry vs. the KU fanbase battle so funny, because it's like to meteors of arrogance headed right at each other. And make no mistake about it, the KCstar and the LJW are part of the KU fanbase.

You know what, I actually rooted for KU against Memphis because I didn't like Cal, and I felt KU winning would legitimize how good a conference the big12 is. I wasn't aware it would wake the arrogant monster that is the KU fanbase. That is what makes this Henry vs. the KU fanbase battle so funny, because it's like to meteors of arrogance headed right at each other. And make no mistake about it, the KCstar and the LJW are part of the KU fanbase.

You should have read the national boards. It was glorious. The rednecks (UK) versus the turtlenecks (KU) going at each others' throats.

KU has one the most arrogant basketball fanbase on the internet (UK's are just dumb). If you don't believe me, go read their board. Spare me the "all good programs come off arrogant" stuff because there are other fanbases with even better pasts (namely UCLA and UNC) that aren't near as arrogant on the national boards...

I agree that every fanbase has their share of crappy fans, but KU has a higher % of arrogant know-it-alls than most.

Last edited:
Back