Henry's staying at KU...

The thing about UK is that they aren't even good yet, and they're acting as if they are the elite in basketball. KU fans arrogance isn't just about their program, but they act as if they are the only fans that have a true understanding of college basketball.

Spare me the "all good programs come off arrogant" stuff because there are other fanbases with even better pasts (namely UCLA and UNC) that aren't near as arrogant on the national boards...

I'm not arguing your point about the arrogance of many KU or UK fans, but I wouldn't put UNC's fan base in any light that shines brightly. You're talking about a bunch of losers who actually rooted against the United States in the Olympics because of Coach K. I'm not talking one or two fans, I'm talking a high percentage of their fan base - to the point where the Sporting News actually did a feature on it.

BTW, speaking of the UNC fan base, how many came over to OUHoops before the Elite Eight matchup even though they were made aware of this board?

I would not want either of those two on my team. Self will have his hands full.

The thing about UK is that they aren't even good yet, and they're acting as if they are the elite in basketball. KU fans arrogance isn't just about their program, but they act as if they are the only fans that have a true understanding of college basketball.

Well said

I would not want either of those two on my team. Self will have his hands full.

he will have the easiest job next year. you know who will have their hands full? doc sadler, jeff bzdelik, pat knight. KU's 10th player is probably better than the best player on CU or NU.

he will have the easiest job next year. you know who will have their hands full? doc sadler, jeff bzdelik, pat knight. KU's 10th player is probably better than the best player on CU or NU.

Cory Higgins would start over Tyshawn Taylor and Brady Morningstar, but other than that you are probably right.

Cory Higgins would start over Tyshawn Taylor and Brady Morningstar, but other than that you are probably right.

points stands. what does CU have past Higgins?

Can't wait to hear what a great "coaching" job self is doing next year. People don't realize how slanted the talent is, especially in the north.

points stands. what does CU have past Higgins?

Can't wait to hear what a great "coaching" job self is doing next year. People don't realize how slanted the talent is, especially in the north.

Thats why I cant believe Self won Coach of the Year of Mike Anderson... Anderson wins 31 games and a Big 12 championship and they give the damn thing to Bill Self who has more talent than everyone in the north combined.

I'm not bitter, either. I just thought it was funny that Cheno thinks a couple of text messages from a flaky (at best) young me-first of an athlete makes the whole mess evaporate and that a word from Uncle Bill really has a chance in heck of silencing the Henry patriarch.
I couched those sentiments in, yes, a mildly sarcastic post. You're still a jayhawk fan on a Sooner board; you'll come in for the occasional barb -- especially when you start a KU-centric thread here (what, the momentous development that was X's two text messages couldn't have possibly been made to fit in one of the Henry threads that have already been started?).
But you're a tough guy; you can take it.

Where did I say anything about this mess evaporating? I posted the article and said that I hoped Self told Carl to be quiet. You say "I come for the occassional barb"...come 'on I'm hear every day. I started a "KU thread". Hell, all the talk here for two days has been about the X Henry deal. I posted the article with them staying which hadn't been posted.
Of course, I can take it. I'm not worried about that.
Skyvue..you and I have had our problems. I thought we decided to put those behind us and basically just ignore each other. We've been doing that. Until today when you had to throw in another sarcastic backhanded slap at me. That's fine...but let's call it how it is. You wanted to start trouble so you did. That's how you are. I'm done. I will continue to not start fights with you for the betterment of the board. Nobody wants to read that crap. Obviously, you are still bitter. Or you wouldn't have made the comments.

Cheno thinks the threads on this board are here because we're KU haters. We understand it's because many don't like Carl Henry and his blatant disrespect for OU. OU fans have known for years that Henry was not going to OU and for anyone to imply that OU fans have sour grapes is just wrong.

I don't think that at all. I know it's Carl Henry. My comment was directed to the posted in which made the comment attacking me. I've been fine thru this entire X Henry situation. I want him at KU but if he's not it's not the end of the world. I know what kind of talent KU has with or without him and I know what kind of coach Bill Self is. To be brutally honest, I really don't sweat the small stuff with KU anymore. In Bill I Trust.

Thats why I cant believe Self won Coach of the Year of Mike Anderson... Anderson wins 31 games and a Big 12 championship and they give the damn thing to Bill Self who has more talent than everyone in the north combined.

Not last year he didn't.

Wow, so now it's all about the arrogance of KU fans again. Guess the Henry deal is over. Now we're back to slow times so the whole "KU is arrogant" comments pop up. Gotta love it. :clap

Wow, so now it's all about the arrogance of KU fans again. Guess the Henry deal is over. Now we're back to slow times so the whole "KU is arrogant" comments pop up. Gotta love it. :clap

obviously you know how that is.

Nope, chemistry is huge in hoops. Juggling all those egos is more likely to tear the team down than win anything significant.

Nope, chemistry is huge in hoops. Juggling all those egos is more likely to tear the team down than win anything significant.

Bill Self has never had a problem with egos... You play his way, or you dont play.

Cheno - serious question - how will the Kansas fans react to these two players and their father? Or is the father the only problem?

All what egos? This is such BS...sorry to be blunt. KU has the exact same team as last year except with the Henry's. Last years team was extremely successful because there was no ego's. When you're two best players (Cole and Sherron) have absolutely ZERO ego than all ego's are checked at the door. Like ABD said if X has an ego he quite simply won't play. I don't think X will have any problems. He never has. His dad antics are giving him a bad name. Again, I could be wrong and X may come in with an ego....but I won't be wrong in that Bill Self won't put up with it.
The last time I was told here and other places that KU had "too many egos" they won a national championship. Ego's are like small children...if you let them get away with it they will. Bill Self won't let that happen. That's his strength. That's like saying a Kelvin Sampson team won't play hard. It's just not going to happen.

All what egos? This is such BS...sorry to be blunt. KU has the exact same team as last year except with the Henry's. Last years team was extremely successful because there was no ego's. When you're two best players (Cole and Sherron) have absolutely ZERO ego than all ego's are checked at the door. Like ABD said if X has an ego he quite simply won't play. I don't think X will have any problems. He never has. His dad antics are giving him a bad name. Again, I could be wrong and X may come in with an ego....but I won't be wrong in that Bill Self won't put up with it.
The last time I was told here and other places that KU had "too many egos" they won a national championship. Ego's are like small children...if you let them get away with it they will. Bill Self won't let that happen. That's his strength. That's like saying a Kelvin Sampson team won't play hard. It's just not going to happen.

This.

Where did I say anything about this mess evaporating? I posted the article and said that I hoped Self told Carl to be quiet. You say "I come for the occassional barb"...come 'on I'm hear every day. I started a "KU thread". Hell, all the talk here for two days has been about the X Henry deal. I posted the article with them staying which hadn't been posted.
Of course, I can take it. I'm not worried about that.
Skyvue..you and I have had our problems. I thought we decided to put those behind us and basically just ignore each other. We've been doing that. Until today when you had to throw in another sarcastic backhanded slap at me. That's fine...but let's call it how it is. You wanted to start trouble so you did. That's how you are. I'm done. I will continue to not start fights with you for the betterment of the board. Nobody wants to read that crap. Obviously, you are still bitter. Or you wouldn't have made the comments.

No you started 3 KU related threads in the last 2 days. Please stop jacking this OU BB and go to the phog.

Back