Here's where the problems started

Navy2004

Reaction score
Last years class really makes the difference this year.
Kyle Cannon- Nowhere to be found.
Juan Pattilo- Off the team
Orlando Allen- Taking a chance on a unknown injured player
Ray Willis- Taking a chance again on your coaches evaluation.
WW- Young man with great talent and no head to lead the team.

You lose the #1 Player in the nation and can't even put together 2 players to make up some of the impact.

Last- Coach is shell shocked and trying to adjust to that players being gone. Both this and the players above have had a bigger impact than we imagined.

Of we had the recruiting class we have this year last we wouldn't be talking about any of this.....

I bad class really hits you hard........

I think we need to play Ray Willis and Orlando Allen more if for any reason than to get them experience and maybe have a good future. You can't just keep guys on the bench on scholarship when you have nothing going with the guys currently out there.

I think we need to play Ray Willis and Orlando Allen more if for any reason than to get them experience and maybe have a good future. You can't just keep guys on the bench on scholarship when you have nothing going with the guys currently out there.

No free those schollies up by encouraging them to go to other schools

No free those schollies up by encouraging them to go to other schools

We'll just have the same problem next year with younger players. You have to play with the hand you are dealt right now.

As all of you know I am a Ray homer. I believe though if your not getting this guys to play the way you want them to you have to play these other guys because what you are doing now it not working. Come on Coach let them play.

The problems started when Kelvin messed up and took the Indiana job. I love Capel but I think he needs to to hire a defensive minded assistant coach. I remember Kelvins practices were very physical but I made his players tough and gritty, that is why you never saw a Kelvin Sampson coached team get abused like this years team is.

Kyle Cannon- Nowhere to be found.
Juan Pattilo- Off the team
Orlando Allen- Taking a chance on a unknown injured player
Ray Willis- Taking a chance again on your coaches evaluation.
WW- Young man with great talent and no head to lead the team.

You lose the #1 Player in the nation and can't even put together 2 players to make up some of the impact.

Last- Coach is shell shocked and trying to adjust to that players being gone. Both this and the players above have had a bigger impact than we imagined.

Of we had the recruiting class we have this year last we wouldn't be talking about any of this.....

Damn, he's right. That was like the third ranked class in the conference too.

The problems started when Kelvin messed up and took the Indiana job. I love Capel but I think he needs to to hire a defensive minded assistant coach. I remember Kelvins practices were very physical but I made his players tough and gritty, that is why you never saw a Kelvin Sampson coached team get abused like this years team is.

Nevermind. Not worth it.

If we had the recruiting class we have this year last we wouldn't be talking about any of this.....

How impressive is last years class?
Sure we've got 2 starters in it in Tiny and TMG.

But whats the deal with Fitz and Pledger?

Ray Willis played like Pledger did (not as many points) but disappeared midseason.
Pattillo played great when he was in.

I think the losing could rattle the current recruiting class.

Ray Willis played like Pledger did (not as many points) but disappeared midseason.

Could not disagree with you more. TMG and Tiny will both be stars. Steven Pledger is going to be a really solid four year player (see Tony Crocker). It is too early to say on Fitz.

It is Capel's best overall class imo.

pledger has already played WAY above willis already...

The class

Cannon.
Willis
Patillo
WW
O
That is the class that is killing us right now.

The class

Cannon.
Willis
Patillo
WW
O
That is the class that is killing us right now.

You can throw in Ryan Wright with that group as well. I have to think that coaches thought that he would be better than he is when they recruited him. We wouldn't be having this conversations if Patillo would have kept his head on straight. He would have helped this team tremendously.

It's just youth people. T-Crock is the only upperclassman that is a returning starter and he had a very inconsistent career prior to this season. The other returning starter is a sophmore. They can't all be guys like Wall or Rose.

Outside of Blake and Tony Crocker all of our freshmen have pretty much lasted 1 season. That's just not good 4 years in. If Neysmith or some of these other guy stuck around it would have helped even if they aren't stars.

That is not the problem. And if it is, we're going to be in bad shape next year too.

People change alot from age 17 to 21, and it is due to experience. It is harder to develop players when they all need to develop at the same time. None of them know what to consistently expect from themselves much less there teamates. We don't have the bst player in the NCAA anymore so it is back to old fashioned teamwork which is hard when its your 1st year to play together.

We lost a lot of BB IQ, and these guys aren't as quick to pick it up at the Taylors.

I remember Kelvins practices were very physical but I made his players tough and gritty, that is why you never saw a Kelvin Sampson coached team get abused like this years team is.

December 22, 2005:

West Virginia 92
Oklahoma 68

This was also an All College game...

Back