Hoops City Classic

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Here is where Coach Capel is going to be in KC. Any KC area Sooners should go check out Cam Clark and Phil Pressey and report back!

Team Texas (Clark and Pressey) play today at 4:45 and Thursday at 10:30 am and 3:30.

Can't make it there until Friday

Team Texas will play on Friday and Saturday if they advance. Hope you check out the weekend games. The schedule is on the site that I listed above.

Looks like Team Texas at least made it to the weekend's bracket play, because Capel is now in KC.

I'm on call this weekend, but if I can get out to western Shawnee to watch Pressey or Clark play I am in!

I was able to make it out to the game today. Team Texas came up short vs. a team from Michigan. Coach Capel was in attendance and spent most of the game talking with Mark Turgeon. They were the only big name HC's that I saw today.

Clark is a ridiculous athlete, major hops. He had a few nice dunks and blocked a couple of shots. He shot from distance a few times hitting a couple. He had the athletic advantage over anyone guarding him, so he tended to try and get to the hole and didn't show much a mid range game today. All in all I can see why Coach would like to lock him down as kids as athletic as he is don't come around everyday.

Not a great shooting day for Pressey. He had no trouble getting into the lane, but he really struggled hitting the little floater when he got into position to shoot it. Great ball handling and did his best to takeover when they got down by 10 with about 6 minutes left, but the shooting never really came around. He also has some hops. He missed a dunk in the first half and then proceded to cut is hand on the rim on the rebound of the second shot.

I was able to make it out to the game today. Team Texas came up short vs. a team from Michigan. Coach Capel was in attendance and spent most of the game talking with Mark Turgeon. They were the only big name HC's that I saw today.

Clark is a ridiculous athlete, major hops. He had a few nice dunks and blocked a couple of shots. He shot from distance a few times hitting a couple. He had the athletic advantage over anyone guarding him, so he tended to try and get to the hole and didn't show much a mid range game today. All in all I can see why Coach would like to lock him down as kids as athletic as he is don't come around everyday.

Not a great shooting day for Pressey. He had no trouble getting into the lane, but he really struggled hitting the little floater when he got into position to shoot it. Great ball handling and did his best to takeover when they got down by 10 with about 6 minutes left, but the shooting never really came around. He also has some hops. He missed a dunk in the first half and then proceded to cut is hand on the rim on the rebound of the second shot.

That is the con on Pressey. He has to be able to hit that three from about 2ft back from the three line like Keiton Page does to be really effective offensively. He's not going to be able to slice up the lane in college like he does on the AAU and college circuit. He's also going to shoot his floater free throw line extended instead of the mid lane which he normally does. Drew Lavender was a guy who had a great floater that he would get up around the free throw lane and get out of his hands quick to avoid it being contested.

Brent,

Thanks very much for the report. Glad Capel was there. Also glad that Cam hit some threes.

Back