How does this board stay in business?

htownSOONER

Reaction score
The content is great, the contributors are great, the layout of the site is great.

Yet, there are no ads and no fees. Can anyone tell me how this board pays the bills?

Deep pockets. :ez-laugh:

I've spent a decent amount getting it up and running, but the cost to keep it afloat really isn't all that bad. Plus, Henzo, Greg and all the other contributors are working for nothing. Call it a hobby for us.

I'm not saying there won't be ads (on the front page) or a donate button at some point in the future to at least try and break even, but for now it's not necessary.

Glad you enjoy it and hope we can continue to find ways to make it better.

OUHOOPS when it gets to the point that you need donations to keep this excellent forum going. I will donate as much as I can. This is THE BASKETBALL MECCA of OU basketball. What you guys have put together in this short period of time is simply AMAZING. THANK YOU OU HOOPS AND YOUR STAFF! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

OUHOOPS when it gets to the point that you need donations to keep this excellent forum going. I will donate as much as I can. This is THE BASKETBALL MECCA of OU basketball. What you guys have put together in this short period of time is simply AMAZING. THANK YOU OU HOOPS AND YOUR STAFF! BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

Ditto times Three Googol

...honestly, you guys already give the big boys a run for their money as far as team and recruiting coverage goes. The fact that it's for free and advertisement free is incredible. It says a lot about what a couple dedicated fans can accomplish, and I honestly believe it's breeding a bigger OU Hoops fanbase. You guys deserve an award.

Well said! :clap

I honestly believe it's breeding a bigger OU Hoops fanbase.

I think this should not be overlooked. I'm sure that this site generates a ton of traffic from all over the country and world not to mention increase local chatter in Oklahoma--this must be doing wonders for program visibility.

And the fact that this is totally run out of the pockets of a few dedicated cats--this is kinda making me feel bad!!

Just echoing everyone else on here...MUCH THANKS for all the GREAT work!

:clap:clap:clap:OUbball-logo:

I'd like to avoid ads and a membership fee and so would donate probably more than a fee would be anyway.

I'm glad I can, at least, help. I love this site, and hope it stays around for ages to come.

Thank-you OUHoops, Henzo and Greg for all you do and for this wonderful site. I follow OU basketball more than I ever have because of this site!:clap

:clap

Awesome name. Love the Chainsaw Kittens.

I think OUHoops should put some ads up, both on the front page and on the board. There are plenty of ways to do it unobtrusively these days, and these guys deserve to at least earn some beer money off us schmucks.

As a user and fan of the site, I would have no problem if they asked for donations either and would gladly contribute. If I were a member of the admin team on the site I would caution against it, though, just because I know the headaches that come with that sort of thing.

Another idea is some sort of auction benefiting the board. A lot of people have intimated that people closely associated with the program read our nonsense. Hey Coach Capel! Reading this? Want to reward your most die-hard fans? How about offering a dinner with you and the coaches? Or a "gameday experience" sort of thing? I am just thinking off the top of my head. There are plenty of other ideas.

Man I love this site. I was just turned on to it a few months ago and have been spreading the word as much as possible. I love the idea of a donation button. Keep up the good work, and props to everyone who is involved.

Awesome name. Love the Chainsaw Kittens.

I think OUHoops should put some ads up, both on the front page and on the board. There are plenty of ways to do it unobtrusively these days, and these guys deserve to at least earn some beer money off us schmucks.

As a user and fan of the site, I would have no problem if they asked for donations either and would gladly contribute. If I were a member of the admin team on the site I would caution against it, though, just because I know the headaches that come with that sort of thing.

Another idea is some sort of auction benefiting the board. A lot of people have intimated that people closely associated with the program read our nonsense. Hey Coach Capel! Reading this? Want to reward your most die-hard fans? How about offering a dinner with you and the coaches? Or a "gameday experience" sort of thing? I am just thinking off the top of my head. There are plenty of other ideas.

Now that is a great idea!

I would also like to give a shout out to all those who put so much effort into making this a great OU BB board! Well done! :clap

Keep up the great work guys, i visit this site alot and get much joy from it.

Thank you!!:clap

If I'm not being too crass I've got a new book Sports Fans are Crazy coming out this week and if any OUHoops member wants to buy it, I'll donate $ 4.00 of each book sale to OUHoops. It's a $ 10.00 book.

If I'm not being too crass I've got a new book Sports Fans are Crazy coming out this week and if any OUHoops member wants to buy it, I'll donate $ 4.00 of each book sale to OUHoops. It's a $ 10.00 book.

Maybe they can post it up for sell here, and let everyone know your donating 4 bucks for every sell to this site.

I would like a OUhoops T-shirt. :D

Another idea is some sort of auction benefiting the board.

Guess which group we would be....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEAAVyL0nK4[/ame]

Last edited:
Back