How will the emergence of Steve Pledger affect RW & Cade

It affects Willis more than Cade, IMO. Willis shouldn't play one minute over Pledger, IMO.

I'm sorry, fellas, but I don't see Pledger coming off the bench in front of Cade. He might've looked good in the UBC game, but remember it was an exhibition! And anyway, I think Cade looked better. Pledger has a better upside, and sure he might cause a slight decrease in Cade's total minutes, but he won't be the sixth man this year. I don't see Capel going with a frosh scorer over quality defense and a seasoned upperclassmen that understands our system.

If Pledger plays solid D and shoots the rock like he has in these 2 scimmages he will play ahead of Cade. Why because Cade has trouble hitting the 3 and Pledger doesn't.

I think we all need to take a step back with the young guys as a whole, both the good and the bad. It was one exhibition game. Pledger is going to have to be significantly better in order to unseat Cade. This team needs experienced guys on the floor for as much time as is possible. If it turns out that the freshmen are simply better, they will play all the minutes. That won't be determined until just before the conference season.

I would love to see Ray get some substancial playing time early and see what happens. Let's see what happens when the lights come on for real.

If Pledger plays solid D and shoots the rock like he has in these 2 scimmages he will play ahead of Cade. Why because Cade has trouble hitting the 3 and Pledger doesn't.

If Cade plays solid D and shoots the rock like he has in these 2 scimmages he will play ahead of Pledger. Why because Cade has experience and Pledger doesn't.

If's are rather meaningless at this point.

I would love to see Ray get some substancial playing time early and see what happens. Let's see what happens when the lights come on for real.

Ray will get an opportunity to prove himself. But if he doesn't Pledger will get the season nod.

Cade was only 4/4 from the field and 2/2 from behind the arc in the scrimmage... Last season he shot about 35% from 3, just barely behind Tony and Warren. He's our third most experienced guard and excellent defender. He's a workhorse in practice and based on his preseason work-out results, is in close to best condition on the team.

Apparently you didn't watch too many games last year.

He's a very good player for us, and Pledger will have to do a lot of things extremely well to take away his minutes. I really don't see happening.

I am may be alone here, but I think Ray gets his shot first. I think the 5th guard spot is still Ray's to lose. Pledger will really push him though.

Back